Poppy's Poppies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post
    So why are they appearing in the post on my laptop, but others can't see them???
    Possibly because they are being shown to you via your device but never fully uploaded to the server.

We had support look into it all when it kept happening to Gregor. They couldn't find anything wrong except their results suggested the photos had been 'dragged and dropped' which Gregor hadn't done.
    its happened to Phil, who's been posting on here for years and years and it's happened to newbies.

Just no common reason so impossible to find out why. As Gregor says we are just quirky and we might have to live with it

Why not give a try using the camera icon on the left? It should work more quickly and we can then reference them back to your first post?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post

Possibly because they are being shown to you via your device but never fully uploaded to the server.

Why not give a try using the camera icon on the left? It should work more quickly and we can then reference them back to your first post?
      Not that it helps, but just to clarify the first statement was not correct in my case - I could see the photos on my work laptop, my home PC and my mobile phone - so they had to be on the server but were just viewable by myself!

I've not tried the camera icon, so it may well be a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregor View Post

Not that it helps, but just to clarify the first statement was not correct in my case - I could see the photos on my work laptop, my home PC and my mobile phone - so they had to be on the server but were just viewable by myself!

I've not tried the camera icon, so it may well be a solution.
        Thanks Gregor it does help because I can build up evidence that might one day solve the problem

The camera icon does have a problem in that it will not show all your photos when selecting from albums, it's a known issue which hopefully will be fixed one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post

Thanks Gregor it does help because I can build up evidence that might one day solve the problem

The camera icon does have a problem in that it will not show all your photos when selecting from albums, it's a known issue which hopefully will be fixed one day.
          I did try using the camera icon on the left but it seemed the only option with that was to upload photos I've previously uploaded to the forum. There didn't seem any option for adding new photos.
          Cynthia

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post

I did try using the camera icon on the left but it seemed the only option with that was to upload photos I've previously uploaded to the forum. There didn't seem any option for adding new photos.
            Cynthia
            It should show two buttons Upload or Select from Album, like this photo. Just click on Upload to add those from your computer

Screenshot_20181023-214617.png

Comment

Thanks for that Pauline , I don't remember there being an 'upload' option but I'll try it again.
              Cynthia

Comment

Having managed to upload a couple of photos on another thread I thought I'd have another go at the Poppy fest. Here goes!
                Cynthia.

Edit: Well, they've appeared on my system! Strangely, the Edit option on the photo upload didn't give me the sizing choices, but now I've clicked edit on the post itself I now have the option to change the size. I don't really need to do I? If you click onto the thumbnail images you get a full screen size one come up anyway, complete with comments.
                Last edited by CyberCynth; 06-11-2018, 07:20 AM. Reason: Many and various!

Comment

Worked perfectly CyberCynth and they look lovely

Comment

oooh I agree, they do look lovely!

Comment

Very pretty CyberCynth

Comment

Thank you very much folks! All I need to do now is wrench myself away from this addictive forum and get making my bench covers!
                        Cynthia.

Comment

It looks lovely Cynthia, like the idea of the poppies on the curtains, also the poppy heart!
                          Have finished making poppies now for local 'yarn bomb' Thought I would now crochet some C********s bunting and stars from the red, green and white yarn just purchased from Aldi!

Comment

Thanks Gill! I tried to reply to this yesterday from my iPhone, but got all discombobulated. (There's one for doog )

Coo, yarn bomb poppies! I hope you're going to take a photo of them when you've 'bombed'!? That's a lovely idea though. I'm glad people are still 'yarn bombing'. It doesn't seem to have caught on round here. Or it could be that there aren't many crafts people about. I'm still trying to find a sewing group to join but there doesn't seem to be much available unless you're prepared to pay high prices for classes and workshops run on a commercial basis. Very expensive!

At the moment I'm removing the green valance from two of my patchwork quilts, which should give me enough fabric for the bench covers. It'll look a bit funny, having patchwork all in the same fabric! But I shall probably cover the seams with strips of ribbon or scraps of material to add some colour or interest. Just need to avoid colour over-load....
                            Cynthia.

Comment

Hopefully pictures of the poppy tribute in Highworth Wilts. All knitted or crocheted

Comment