Squidgy Floor Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squidgy Floor Repair

Following my purchase of the Fleurette Tamaris back in the summer I have finally got the dealer to take it back in to repair the spongy floor, which they are doing under warranty. I was asking about how much of the lino would need to be lifted and was surprised to hear the job is done from underneath. I always thought this repair was done from top-side. Any thoughts, anyone?

I mentioned one or two other minor glitches, one of which was fixed straight away and the other one the dealer said he'd get the technician to look at while he's there. It's a very small damp patch in one corner of the loo compartment, at floor level. There isn't a shower in the 'van so it's not from internal water ingress.
    Cynthia

I always thought it was repaired from the top down, but that's when you use a delamination repair kit, I think. Perhaps a professional repair is done differently. have a look on YouTube, and you will see how it's done as a home repair. put in 'caravan spongy floor' and it will come up with any number of videos on how it's done. Glad you got the dealers to repair it, Cynthia.

The damp patch could simply be where the condensation collects, after cooking, or boiling a kettle, for example.

Comment

Hi - curing the delamination can be done either way. The amateur kits (which can be very good) involve drilling holes in the floor inject the gunge into one hole wait for it to ooze out of others, hammer in dowel plugs. Move to next section to repeat.
      From underneath lots of weight has to be put on the floor to prevent it rising. Greater amounts expanding foam gung can be injected in under pressure - doing a far better job.
      Jon

Comment

Thanks for that folks. I'm sure the guys at Campers and Leisure will know what to do with it. Meanwhile I must get on which bench seat coverings. i took out all the foam sections and left them here when I took the caravan to Ringwood so being as they're rather in the way, it'll be an incentive to get the covers made before the caravan comes back home!
        Cynthia.

Comment