Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

freedom caravan owners

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Haha! I have bumped my head a few times on the lower ceiling at the front end of the Fleurette quite a few times, you would think I'd have learned to duck by now.... Maybe I should adopt jayjay 's trick of hanging something 'noticeable' along the front of the low-ceiling section as a reminder. Good luck in your search, I shall be interested to learn what you eventually choose!
    Cynthia

    Comment


      #17
      fullsizeoutput_af.jpeg two full size singles or a Queen double
      BuzznDave

      Comment


        #18
        looks cushty Dave.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post
          Haha! I have bumped my head a few times on the lower ceiling at the front end of the Fleurette quite a few times, you would think I'd have learned to duck by now.... Maybe I should adopt jayjay 's trick of hanging something 'noticeable' along the front of the low-ceiling section as a reminder. Good luck in your search, I shall be interested to learn what you eventually choose!
          Cynthia
          I think it only happens to short people. When we had walk through vans with a luton over the cab, I would always remember to duck, but Sandra would forget - ditto with the side door.
          My theory tall people are always more aware of height - they have been bashing their heads since their teenage years and in the end they have learned to watch out. Whereas short people rarely encounter the bashed bonce so they are not height aware.
          Jon

          Comment


            #20
            My step daughter Gerry is quite happy with the pop top, being only just over 5ft can manage with roof down if necessary! Also it meant it was much easier to fit awning on as rail is much lower, she can reach it ok balanced on the double step!

            All things we took into consideration when looking at them! She has also chosen the plain upholstery as shouldn't date.

            Good luck with your search
            Gill

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Clarina View Post
              My step daughter Gerry is quite happy with the pop top, being only just over 5ft can manage with roof down if necessary! Also it meant it was much easier to fit awning on as rail is much lower, she can reach it ok balanced on the double step!

              All things we took into consideration when looking at them! She has also chosen the plain upholstery as shouldn't date.

              Good luck with your search
              Gill
              Oooh, lucky girl! There are advantages to being 'vertically challenged' then! I not only bump my head on the areas where the roof is lower but on the doorframe too. Ouch!
              Cynthia.

              Comment


                #22
                We have been down to see the 3 full height and 2 pop top in the freedom Range very impressed
                BuzznDave

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post

                  Oooh, lucky girl! There are advantages to being 'vertically challenged' then! I not only bump my head on the areas where the roof is lower but on the doorframe too. Ouch!
                  Cynthia.
                  Me too, although Rita seems to be able to get away with it. The Starcraft has plenty of headroom. Dom't know if it's due to having a high roof, or a low floor. I still need an outside step to get in and out comfortably though.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I am 1.82m tall (6ft in old money). I don't have a problem in our Outlook Exclusive as we have the large Heidi footlight in the middle and I can stand at my full height there.

                    When our kids were very small we had a 4 berth Microlitre and we soon got it sed to ducking she moving from the centre to the door.

                    Peter

                    Comment


                      #25
                      the jet stream is 6ft 1 ins in side being 5ft 2 its ok for us a bit close for you Peter.25 years water ingress guarantee so one should be dry.
                      BuzznDave

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Dave Stringer and Pat Smith View Post
                        the jet stream is 6ft 1 ins in side being 5ft 2 its ok for us a bit close for you Peter.25 years water ingress guarantee so one should be dry.
                        I'd be more worried about the roof lining collapsing, as apparently this is a common problem with Freedom caravans. Freedom can afford to offer a 25 yrs warranty against water ingress because the bodywork is in one piece, so much less likely to spring a leak. Nice little caravans, I may have been tempted to get one instead of the Fleurette but there didn't seem to be many about at the time; (I wanted one with the loo compartment) I went to look at the Fleurette instead and fell in love with that.
                        Cynthia.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          early roof linings were flock ,there was a a problem some years ago with the glue failing.Still at 75 I am looking will I still be fit enough to drive and caravan in 10 years..I will not know if its watertight in 25 years . and there nothing made that does not have a problem over time. there is 3 dealers one manchester ,one south coast, and the main in Stafford . Pams the expert in linings she made a Wonderfull job of her Romani.
                          BuzznDave

                          Comment


                            #28
                            The Jet stream twin sport has two 6'1" twin beds or a 6'8"/6"1" super king .it has over 6' headroom . blown air heating ,nice and cosy in a field without 230 volt EHU . Hot water . a bath room with A shower loo wash hand basin.Oven grill 2 burner hob.a battery with solar panel lots of cupboards . 3 way fridge and much more ..Just the set up for this OAP with his new wife to be ! for the 2019 touring season.
                            BuzznDave

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Dave Stringer and Pat Smith View Post
                              The Jet stream twin sport has two 6'1" twin beds or a 6'8"/6"1" super king .it has over 6' headroom . blown air heating ,nice and cosy in a field without 230 volt EHU . Hot water . a bath room with A shower loo wash hand basin.Oven grill 2 burner hob.a battery with solar panel lots of cupboards . 3 way fridge and much more ..Just the set up for this OAP with his new wife to be ! for the 2019 touring season.


                              Yay, congratulations (again!)

                              Comment


                                #30
                                yes Sandra we are engaged and hope to married in January thanks for your post
                                BuzznDave

                                Comment

                                Related Topics

                                Collapse

                                320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                                Collapse

                                728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X