Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    I hope if anyone posts on Freedom or Gopod tin tent caravan threads . ... Some one will pick it up .You will be pleased to hear we will be rather busy this Autumn so I will not be posting .

Leave a comment:

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    Just had a count up only been 50 nights away since April with the freedom .It has 2 gas bottles so NO EHU needed.put the heating on timer and come back to a warm van ideal for winter.Been to 3 Different DAs in Yorkshire . twice to our by the beach wild camping field. Just back from near Morecambe.The dogs love there new home.Old buzz is showing his age.but as long as he can still sniff he will be happy .The spare wheel is in the Big gas locker not where it used to be under the van, a pig to get too one of the many changes over the 20 years of production.

Leave a comment:

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    Collected Van At Stafford .said to Pod .... A very hot easter away . trying it all out .The freedom Jet stream twin sport has lived up and beyond all expectations .. After 20 days and nights away . ..Plated at 850 KG the Alco stabiliser does its job tows v well .... so how was it With out EHU .Being able to stop en route for loo and a meal a rest or sleep .Dry as a bone ( no falling roof lining) . no ducking or bumped head ..The floor is about 2 " thick NO wood to rot ! ..Having blown air heat and hot water and shower.oven grill still cheeper on gas bottle than EHU.! very happy bunny

Leave a comment:

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    9 days to go . we are all packed and ready for Easter. Pick it up . my Best man And Pats bridesmaid are coming over to name the Freedom .they are banned from hitting it with the bottle .A Day loading it . buzz and tilly to bag there sleeping places.Load fridge and freezer .pray to the sun god . What are we all doing for Easter ?????

Leave a comment:

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    In the 2019 "Caravanning life awards" the freedom came 3rd in the under 1100KG category .and 2end in the Alternative category.

Leave a comment:

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    Hi Cynthia .Pat has a small awning I have an air beam .also my loo tent will be looking for a new home.all change and adjusting .may not be until April . that we are able to go and try every thing out.

Leave a comment:

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    hi Cynthia .I will have a pay load of over 1000Kg will not use a awning. just the home made (go tarp) if needed .I have the air beam awning although not planning to use it.hope to see you both this year kind regards and best wishes for 2019

Leave a comment:

• CyberCynth
    replied
    Haha! I hadn't twigged my own pun! Well spotted.

My Tamaris 30T is 475kg Unladen, 600kg MTPLM. 850kg is near the top limit for the Skoda to tow safely so I'd be worried about anything heavier than the Fleurette. Apart from which, my little 'van is so light the Skoda hardly notices it on the back. It certainly doesn't make the DSG gearbox work so hard as did the Bailey, or the old Elddis I had for a while this time last year. I suppose one disadvantage with the Fleurette is the small loading margin. However I don't carry an awning and as I'm only carrying enough gear for one, (and the dog) I'd hope I wouldn't exceed my 125kg payload. Hope you've got a decent payload on the Freedom, Mr & Mrs, with 2 dogs!? Have you bought an awning to put on your new 'van?
    Cynthia.

Leave a comment:

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    There are 5 models of Freedom 2 pop tops and 3 normal size.so if you are tall or don't want to be a head banger there is a choice . And as you say the early ones 1970 s had a flock lining that was problem there was in the 1990 a production run with a glue problem so if looking at old ones beware.That is always a wise point every manufactured item has a problem over time . Yes light About 700Kg plated at 750 Kg or as mine is Plated at 850 kg .out of interest what is the weight of your Fleurette? I like your Play on words "freedom from damp" very clever A Freedom is freedom from damp! no block board between me and the wet road.like in my old Pod.

Leave a comment:

• CyberCynth
    replied
    Originally posted by kernowjon View Post

Possibly - they are a very lightweight little van. My Subaru Forester used to tow ithe Freedom with ease - when the Subie failed its MoT (terminal rust) I bought a Pajero and honestly apart from seeing it in the mirrors you would not know it was there. (Why when you were getting depressed about terminal damp I suggested you consider a Freedom - like all GRP vans freedom from damp.
    Jon
    Thanks for that kernowjon , yes, I'd been thinking about the Freedoms after giving up on the Bailey (which was ok but too heavy for my little Skoda to tow) Certainly the all-GRP bodywork has its appeal in terms of protection from damp/water ingress but I'd heard so much about the ceiling lining coming down, I was a bit put off by that. If I'd seen one for sale that I could have afforded though I might still have been tempted to have a Freedom rather than going for the Fleurette. The other thing that puts me off the Freedoms slightly is the smaller pop-top roof, so from my point of view there's more potential for me to bump my head; something I do quite frequently in the front end of my 'van!
    Cynthia.

Leave a comment:

• kernowjon
    replied
    Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post

Is that because it's the only caravan a Dacia is capable of towing?! I seem to remember when I looked at the specs of the Dacias once, the kerb weight was a bit limiting.

Happy days to the honeymooners!
    Cynthia
    Possibly - they are a very lightweight little van. My Subaru Forester used to tow ithe Freedom with ease - when the Subie failed its MoT (terminal rust) I bought a Pajero and honestly apart from seeing it in the mirrors you would not know it was there. (Why when you were getting depressed about terminal damp I suggested you consider a Freedom - like all GRP vans freedom from damp.
    Jon

Leave a comment:

• CyberCynth
    replied
    Originally posted by kernowjon View Post
    Watching DAVE and on the Dacia advert there is a Freedom - they get everywhere
    Dave and Pat - congratulations.
    Jon
    Is that because it's the only caravan a Dacia is capable of towing?! I seem to remember when I looked at the specs of the Dacias once, the kerb weight was a bit limiting.

Happy days to the honeymooners!
    Cynthia

Leave a comment:

• kernowjon
    replied
    Watching DAVE and on the Dacia advert there is a Freedom - they get everywhere
    Dave and Pat - congratulations.
    Jon

Leave a comment:

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    Hi JJ.When you look at the inflated price they can charge with a meter ,they can get the cost back of providing it .its still a dear do!

Leave a comment:

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    they say they hold there price well .when you thing of all rusting machinery and stuff left in fields even in scrap value what a waste.do you watch shed and buried

Leave a comment: