Measuring for a roof

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Measuring for a roof

It should be simple. I have removed the roof vent in the shower compartment, it was a bit worse the wear. Now the hole I have taken it out of is 10” square or 254.mm (I think). Maker is MKP and it looks pretty straight forward to put in But what size do I need. 254 mm I can’t find. Or is it measured some other way.

Pam

I think that you will find it is an old size - we had the same changing the Romahome front vent - the solution was to get the next size up - 280 x 280 which is 11 inch by 11 inch. Out with the jig saw - If you can extend 2 sides by 1 inch retaining the other 2 sides as a reference. refit using good quality PU sealant Sikaflex or simular - far better than silicone.
    Jon

Comment

I had contacted MPK about the vent, stating that my aperture measurements were 254mm. They got back to me today and to,d me the size I would require is 280x280mm. So I got one on ebay. Here’s hoping
      Pam

Comment

280mm is a standard size and the size of mine in my HyLo with an aperture similar to yours, give or take a few mm. It's an easy job to fit, preferably in warm weather so the Sikaflex develops a good bond.

Comment

Nice to have confirmation. I was unsure whether to use the well known sikaflex or use a mastic tape.

Pam

Comment

CF85BCEF-EB55-4C1D-A7EE-9E49ABFAA454.jpeg The new roof light has arrived a vast improvement on the other one and yes the internal measurement for the 280mmx280mm was 10”. Will hopefully get it fitted tomorrow

Comment

widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X