new Freedom Caravan web page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new Freedom Caravan web page

https://www.freedomcaravans.com there new freedom caravan web page at Stafford .what do you think of it ?
    BuzznDave

I must admit it's a while since I looked at the Freedom website but to be honest I didn't think there was a huge difference between the updated one and their previous one.

I don't know who wrote the text but I think their slogan-writers need to come up with something a little snappier than 'Floats like a trailer, stings like a tourer' ! Their adaptation of Cassius Clay's self-aggrandising anthem doesn't really cut the mustard!

However, I like the look of the site in general, it is nice and easy to navigate and has all the info there I might want at my fingertips. Lovely little caravans, it was a close call as to whether I bought one of these or one of the French pop-tops when I got rid of the Bailey.

One thing that would worry me, if I was in a position to buy one of these is that according to the text, the 25 year water ingress guarantee offered to owners of a new 'van, is not transferable? Or did I misread it?
    Cynthia

Comment

I wonder if the 25 year guarantee would still stand if you bent it? I'm a fan of Microlites. I've had a few and never had any complaints.

Comment

Looks good to me! I agree with Cynthia about the slogan... it's a bit .... mmmm....

I wonder if there is a good payload on these caravans, I know some of the earlier ones didn't have much of one.

Comment

Payload between 50 kg and 150 kg, depending on the model.

I like them.

Comment

CyberCynth I think you are correct the water ingress warranty is with the first owner, not transferrable.

Comment

Originally posted by John miller View Post
              CyberCynth I think you are correct the water ingress warranty is with the first owner, not transferrable.
              Crumbs, that's not very helpful to buyers of used models then, is it? Does anyone know if it is common for guarantees to be non-transferable? (Thinking specifically about tourers/campervans etc, not generally)
              Cynthia.

Comment

Good point John we all have to watch our pay load .my pay load is 150 KG.I thought I would get some dislikes just goes to show you cannot please every one it is an improvement on the last webpage and its being added to every day. all Guarantees have conditions .I have read them ! compared to some info put out with glossy blurb. by some makers I thought it was ok Not as good as the SMF heres my slogan "the freedom gives you just that" take some water with you enough for a week . you can have hot water showers blown air heating. Loo be snug DRY nothing to rot . oven grill 2 rings put your Chefs hat on .hi Mike with the floor about 2" thick and the walls about 2" to 1/2 " I will take take a bit of bending but I know what you mean water ingress and rust and accidents is a worry too many of us....We just spent 4 days and nights in a field Nr Blackpool it Rained and Rained . we were warm snug dry no condensation no damp watched TV and read. fridge and freezer full .
                BuzznDave

Comment

I think the look and layout is a big improvement on the previous webpage. Some of the wording is a bit suspect though.

Nice little vans, i think Vicki and i might end up with one once the kids have left home, assuming there is a planet left by then.
                  Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

How do they compare with an Eriba Puk? How are the Freedom walls built? Is the outer skin fibreglass and then a timber or plastic frame and then a plywood interior wall? Surely they don't make inner and outer walls from fibreglass, glue them together and then spray insulation in the gap? Fibreglass is a lot heavier than plywood for an inside wall and they must be going for lightness.
                    If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. Mark ch3 v24

Comment

My very basic German caravan has a payload of 300 kg, it can be replated up to 1350 kg giving a payload of 650 kg ! But, of course my little Berlingo wouldn't be able to pull that weight.

However, a 50 kg payload would be a challenge, battery and gas cylinder and that's it.

Comment

The low payload on the Freedoms was one of the reasons I went for the Fleurette Tamaris instead. It's 200kg I think. Added to which I think they're a little more spacious and the finish is better, IMHO. However, looking at the Freedom webpage it looks as though these little Polish 'vans have been 'poshed up' some what since I looked at them last.
                        Cynthia

Comment

gas gas Freedom Caravans are renowned for being exceptionally watertight. Every shell is made of 6 fibreglass panels which are then clamped together and every joint is then fibreglassed to create a one-piece shell. This is the optimum method of ensuring that the body of the caravan remains waterproof for as long as possible. Our confidence in our manufacturing process is echoed by the 25 year water ingress warranty for the body of every new Freedom for its first owner. the Eriba Puk is a pop top mine is not.
                          BuzznDave

Comment

DSC01613.JPGDSC01602.JPG just spent 4 nights here all on our lonesome
                            BuzznDave

Comment

Looks lovely, Dave! I bet the dogs loved it there, I know mine would!

Comment