Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave and Pat
    replied
    Very interesting Cynthia.are the Fleorette and Trigano made of Grp only . if not ?not really a comparison . with the Freedoms.

Leave a comment:

• CyberCynth
    replied
    I wasn't sure whether the 'Mini' range had actually been discontinued as it is still on their 'catalog' (their spelling, not mine) list, albeit dated 2018. I wonder whether there are still some 'Minis' around that are still unsold, hence the continued inclusion of the model on their product list.

Having had a quick look at the 'Evasion' models I note the weight has shot up somewhat; I think I read the unladen weight on the 390 (smallest model) is now 970kg. Perhaps the newer bodies are bigger. I'm glad to see Silver has reinstated the solid pop-up walls.
    Cynthia

Leave a comment:

• Rob B
    replied
    http://www.silver.camp/en/range/

Seems the "Mini" with the canvas pop top has disappeared from the range and the bigger, hard sided pop tops have been renamed "Evasion" and come in various sizes.

Leave a comment:

• CyberCynth
    replied
    Originally posted by kernowjon View Post
    I looked and thought why did they not use hard sides for the pop-roof?
    I do like the dual use - caravan and bike (motorcycle trailer) I have a mate who will certainly start looking for one But I wonder how many women will approve - especially if the bike is a classic Brit Bike, complete with obligatory oil-leaks Or a classic BMW which will leak petrol until the carb is kicked to free up the float NOTE a different bike stowed inside the van to the big Harley shown parked outside the van - good marketing methinks!

Jon
    Yes, I noticed that kernowjon ! Good marketing from the company's point of view but very misleading to an unobservant potential customer.

I've just had a quick look at the Swift Base Camp pages - couldn't find a tech specs section so I don't know how the weights compare. I note they only recommend carrying a bicycle in their 'camping vehicle' as it's described. I wonder whether the word 'caravan' is too staid a term for the young adventurer market Swift are targeting?
    Cynthia

Leave a comment:

• kernowjon
    replied
    I looked and thought why did they not use hard sides for the pop-roof?
    I do like the dual use - caravan and bike (motorcycle trailer) I have a mate who will certainly start looking for one But I wonder how many women will approve - especially if the bike is a classic Brit Bike, complete with obligatory oil-leaks Or a classic BMW which will leak petrol until the carb is kicked to free up the float NOTE a different bike stowed inside the van to the big Harley shown parked outside the van - good marketing methinks!

Jon

Leave a comment:

• CyberCynth
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob B View Post
    Burcroft camping are the main UK dealer for silver caravans - http://www.thetentshop.co.uk/

Worth pointing out though that these vans are not connected to your Fleurette - that company was bought out by the Rapido group who also owned the Esterelle brand, and proceeded to sell the Fleurette design under all 3 brand names for a good number of years. They stopped making them in the early 2000s and the brand names are only used on motorhomes now.

The Silver branded caravans were originally sold under the Raclet brand, then Trigano, then simply silver and then rebranded again as Silver by Trigano. So far as i am aware there is no connection between the Trigano/Silver caravans and any other make of folder or pop top.

I believe they do still make a hard-sided pop top - the 310 TDL.
    Thanks for that Rob B , as always you are a mine of information!

It's all a bit confusing: Why do manufacturers keep changing their brand names? I wonder whether the 'Silver' name has any connection to a company that was producing conventional caravans, but of a narrow width? (1990s?) I seem to remember the models weren't on the market for long; I believe a lot of them suffered from the dreaded damp problems. My ex and I were thinking of buying one when we were living in Cornwall, thinking it would be easier to navigate in and out of the narrow route to our village, but someone advised us to give them a wide berth!
    Cynthia

Leave a comment:

• Rob B
    replied
    Burcroft camping are the main UK dealer for silver caravans - http://www.thetentshop.co.uk/

Worth pointing out though that these vans are not connected to your Fleurette - that company was bought out by the Rapido group who also owned the Esterelle brand, and proceeded to sell the Fleurette design under all 3 brand names for a good number of years. They stopped making them in the early 2000s and the brand names are only used on motorhomes now.

The Silver branded caravans were originally sold under the Raclet brand, then Trigano, then simply silver and then rebranded again as Silver by Trigano. So far as i am aware there is no connection between the Trigano/Silver caravans and any other make of folder or pop top.

I believe they do still make a hard-sided pop top - the 310 TDL.

Leave a comment:

• CyberCynth
    started a topic Trigano Mini Silver Pop-Top

Trigano Mini Silver Pop-Top

Having raised the subject of pop-tops and their makers on a different thread I thought I'd delve into the web to see what is new to the Trigano market in this type of caravan, and post it in this more appropriate thread.

http://www.silver.camp/wp-content/up...ilver-2018.pdf

This website is obviously a translation from the French and as such has some rather cute turns of phrase. Also, if you click on the link you will note the first page is empty! You need to scroll down a bit to reach the pages with information on them.

Interesting to see how the reincarnation of the Fleurette has developed: my small 32T has morphed completely into a very bright, contemporary remodelling of light-weight convenience. There are two 'Mini Silvers', one of which has a rear door and claims you can carry a motorbike in it as it has a reinforced floor. Looks as though they've gone into competition with the Swift Base-Camp caravan. Oh, and I notice that while Trigano had introduced nearside doors for the British market at one time, it seems that they've reverted to offside doors only.

I'm not sure I like the rather clinical and plasticky look of the interior of the new 'vans, and I note the pop-top now only has canvas sides, compared to my solid ones. Still, it's got a good range of equipment and as such, I'm surprised the makers have been able to keep the weight so low: 750kg 'laden', though that's still 100kgs heavier than my Fleurette.

Having only had time for a quick look at this website there are lots of things I'm still unsure of, including whether there is actually a dealer selling new Triganos/Silvers in the UK. Campers and Leisure Ltd, in Ringwood, where I bought Poppy only sells used pop-tops. Misleadingly, if you explore their website there is actually a tab for 'New Pop-Ups' but there are only listings for used models on it.

https://campersandleisure.co.uk/

Still, an interesting and useful comparison between the French 'Silvers' and their competition, the Polish Freedoms, for campers wanting a lightweight but all-mod-cons unit.
    Cynthia

Last edited by CyberCynth; 11-09-2019, 10:25. Reason: Correcting grammatical error