Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oooh I wish I could buy this!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIP-KOMPAK...item19c7613f70

A much much more recent version of my poor little old thing - isn't it lovely!

Now I'll just have to win the lotto......

Sorry Jayjay, I'm going to win the lotto! It's really dinky isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Aileen View Post
      Sorry Jayjay, I'm going to win the lotto! It's really dinky isn't it?
      When you do, can you buy me this then? LOL I love the little Kips - they remind me of romahomes! (but just a bit bigger though!)

Comment

oooh I wish I could buy this!

If I won the loto then I would buy it for you Jacki, I won last week :so happy: but it was only a tena, sorry nice little kip.
        Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
        'Live without regrets'

Comment

Lot of pennies!
          Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

have you seen this one jayjay.
            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
            this is the model I wanted and nearly bought a few years ago. I still like it.
            Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Hi robin, yes I had seen that one, it is a lovely one, isn't it? I prefer the door on the back though. The doors on the sides of the continentals are on the outside of the road if you stop for access. Not that that would bother me overly!

Comment

Hi Jayjay I think I am going to view this. Are there any things I ought to look out for with Kips I imagine check the pop top for leaks and corners for damp. Any other tips please
                Regards Robin
                Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

It looks quite young and looked after, so there's not much really. Apart from looking for damp patches, and a mouldy smell, you just need to check just as you would with any other caravan.

Make sure the running gear and electrics are ok, ask to see the fridge working on gas, and the cooker. Check that you know which tow ball/hitch it has in relation to the tow ball you have, some don't match others! Also check that the spare wheel matches the two on the van, and check that these are in date and ok regards to wear, especially on the side walls. If it's been stood around for a long time without being moved, those tyres might be dodgy - nothing you can't put right yourself though - but you need to know.

Most important with any pop top is to check that there are no leaks or water stains coming from anywhere and that the poptop roof goes up and down without any snagging and having to push too hard.

check all the 12v lights work and that the leisure battery isn't too old. Ask to see the 240v system working, check that the three pin plugs work.
                  Make sure they have the keys to the pop top if it locks from the outside, you won't be able to find any yourself.

Take someone with you who knows what to look for when buying a caravan if you aren't sure about things.

Most of the above points I found out the hard way! Still trying to fix a leak at the front of mine, still trying to get the poptop to open properly, spent at least £600 putting things right at the last count! You live and learn!

Last edited by jayjay; 12-08-2011, 17:07.

Comment

Thanks very much Jayjay
                    Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Very disappointed Jayjay the condition was not particularly good. Just shows you cannot tell from Photos. I would still like a Kip though as I do like the layout etc. Problem is finding one.
                      Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
                        Very disappointed Jayjay the condition was not particularly good. Just shows you cannot tell from Photos. I would still like a Kip though as I do like the layout etc. Problem is finding one.
                        I don't think, unless you're paying out quite a lot of money (like that one above!!) that you will get an old Kip in very good condition. Mine was falling apart (and still is in places, LOL) you just have to see what there is that needs doing, find out how to do it, and wonder how much more you'll be spending before it's finished! I've had mine 2 years now and still doing it up!

I'll keep my eyes open for one and post if I see one!

You might also like to consider the Freedom caravans, different layout, but made of fibreglass, so very light and usually no leaks (unlike mine).

In Belgium and Holland there are loads, so perhaps we should go over and see what we can find!!

For example, take a look at this site!

http://www.marktplaza.nl/zoeken/?q=k...FdNc4QodVS297A
                        Last edited by jayjay; 23-08-2011, 16:23.

Comment

I wonder whats involved with buying abroad. That's a good site.
                          Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

anyone speak Dutch? lol
                            Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

I don't but apparently the Dutch speak very good English!

Buying from abroad might be better actually, as in Holland all caravans have to have a safety check like an MOT and carry a certificate!

Me and my Dad nearly went over there to get one for me. I don't think you need anything different for Euro countries, just go buy and bring home on the ferry, not forgetting your number plate!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X