Clumber park caravan club site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clumber park caravan club site

We had a flying visit to clumber park cc site over the weekend, the first time we have been during the summer months. Last time we visited was jan '10 and we had -6c and around a foot of snow!! I had to dig out the waste water point when we left

Not this time, the weather people were wrong again, instead of the heavy rain we got a brief shower, the rest of the time was warm and occasionally sunny. The site was packed, lots of families on long breaks as well as weekenders like ourselves but as always the cc wardens kept everything clean and tidy.

Not much to show in the way of photo's, the wildlife was conspicuous in it's absence, even in the quieter parts of the park. Other than the resident ducks, grebes and swans on the lake, the only birds of note were a green woodpecker, a couple of kestrels and a sparrowhawk. Even butterflies were hard to come by!! Still, we enjoyed a couple of long walks, the fresh air and just being away from home!!

The attached photo was taken on the Sunday morning and just shows how a photo taken from the right place, at the right time and qt the right angle can paint a very different picture to the truth, I think there were only about 15 empty pitches on the site yet it looks like we are set up in a deserted forest clearing!!!
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Cor that looks and sounds lovely, Glen!

Funny enough I took a similar one - looks like I'm the only one here as well!
    Attached Files

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
    Working...
    X