Back from Beal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from Beal

Back from my first outing to a temp holiday site. This one was at Beal in Northumberland just by the causeway to Holy Island(Lindisfarne). It was a good site very large, with nice helpful stewards. The only down side was the wind which seemed to be permanently there.

Various trips around to Lindisfarne and Chillingham castle which is supposed to be VERY haunted.I arrived at the castle and took a pic of the front of it and then walked up the mainstairs and into the court yard.There was no one around and It seemed really spookie to me. I didn't feel comfortable so I walked out. It wasn,t until I was leaving that I realised I had entered through the staff gate and drive and the castle didn't actually open for another hour so I got a little freebie.
    Other highlights were a shower which I must thank Dolly and Patriscott for(they know what I mean. Enjoy the pics of Lindisfarne Castle Chillingham Castle A ve thatched pub in the village of Etal,Dolly and Patriscott and my little Romini minus the awning which I didn't take.:so happy:

Lovely pics, Pam, and lovely to meet you. Pleased be of service as far as the shower is concerned! We had a nice day in Berwick upon Tweed and found a boot sale as well (back of the Co.op). Didn't get anything, as per usual!

Comment

Back from Beal

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
      Lovely pics, Pam, and lovely to meet you. Pleased be of service as far as the shower is concerned! We had a nice day in Berwick upon Tweed and found a boot sale as well (back of the Co.op). Didn't get anything, as per usual!
      there was no car boot at Marshalls but I went into the cafe and they told me about another one being held at a school. Needless to say couldn't find it so went into Berwick with Audrey(the lady from the site) and we saw the car boot and your van as well. WE bought a few items and then headed down the A1 to the Cat Inn where we had Sunday lunch which was really nice.
      Pam

Comment

Sounds as if you all had a wonderful break.
        Lovely photos Pam!
        Jim.
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Spectacular photo's Pam, thanks for sharing! I really must get up there next year!

Comment

Lady Eleanor by Lindisfarne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLp9M...eature=related

Wanted to go to that place since I first saw this video in 1970-something (on a mono tv!!)

Comment

You should get yourself up here jayjay, it's lovely. Just been to Bamburgh castle today ... definitely worth a look.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X