New Caravan / Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Caravan / Boat

Just spotted this for something different. It's called a Sealander and is a micro caravan that turns into a boat. The outboard is electric so clean and quite. Would love to see one seems ideal for using on a canal or lake.
    I think I'd like a 4x4 to get it in and out of the water tho, not a VW Golf.
    www.sealander.de
    What does everyone think ?

I reckon Twolitre ought to get one of those it would be an ideal mixture of his love of canals and small caravans.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

the caraboats were made in the 70's in notts. Not many were made. They were pretty ugly but better than these I reckon. Can't attach a photo cos I don't know how.
      Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Hi Robin

If you can stand my droning voice there are instructions how to post a picture on this video.

http://youtu.be/2rPdmlTTkP4
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I was hoping that Romahome might be interested in doing a Romini version of the Sealander. It would seem to be an ideal niche market for them bearing in mind their boat building history

Comment

Many years ago 1973!
            I purchased a set of grp mouldings for a twin hull dory hull/deck and seat mouldings from island Plastics, IOW
            Went together like a dream and would pull a skier with a 40hp outboard, many happy carefree days at Dale, pembs fishing/ diving/w/skiing,
            And I note that the quality of there products has only increased as time went on diversification into the Romahomes, Well done to see a great product from a British firm:so happy:
            In 2009 I visited Dale again ( good pint of real ale in the Griffin) and what was in the boat yardm You got it, Tuppence looking a little battered but still giving excellent service as a Dory should,
            Gotta finish now ( to wipe my eyes)
            If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

Pisst!

Link to a Caraway video from that era, Pathe news
              http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=2420
              Enjoy
              Pete
              If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

Originally posted by chocoholic View Post
                Link to a Caraway video from that era, Pathe news
                http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=2420
                Enjoy
                Pete
                Marvellous, thanks for sharing that Pete.
                Graham

Comment

the best part of that was seeing the jockey wheel handle sticking out the water lol.
                  Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

here is the notts version made in the 70's.
                    thanks for the help Graham hope it's worked
                    Attached Files
                    Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Well done Robin, it certainly works.
                      Graham

Comment

Astonishing and totally brilliant concept. Though i don't remember seeing it sailing up and down henley when we used to visit the dreaded inlaws!
                        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                          I reckon Twolitre ought to get one of those it would be an ideal mixture of his love of canals and small caravans.
                          Looks interesting, but years ago I thought "Do I need a caravan? Can I use my trail boat as a caravan too?"
                          Asking around, no camp site seemed keen on the idea.
                          Hopefully, this was to be my "Caraboat"!

My second possibility is in the second photo. But I could not get a bed in!

By the way, The map on the front of the Reliant Robin was being carried from place to place by as many different forms of transport as possible to raise support for the Hatherton Canal Restoration. This trip actually took it along the Coventry Canal past the Reliant Works adjoining the canal. Not one employee or member of the Company turned out to watch it sail by. I wonder why?

Jim
                          Last edited by Twolitre; 17-10-2011, 11:50.
                          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Just a little addition. The Caraboat had one problem.
                            The helmsman, sat at the back with his outbaord motor could nt see where he was going!
                            On the only one I ever saw on the water was being controlled by a chap sat on the roof steering the vessel by means of a long pole fastened to the motor. I suspect his minimum turning radius was about half a mile
                            Jim.
                            Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

[QUOTE=Twolitre;28252]Looks interesting, but years ago I thought "Do I need a caravan? Can I use my trail boat as a caravan too?"
                              Asking around, no camp site seemed keen on the idea.
                              Hopefully, this was to be my "Caraboat"!

My second possibility is in the second photo. But I could not get a bed in!

By the way, The map on the front of the Reliant Robin was being carried from place to place by as many different forms of transport as possible to raise support for the Hatherton Canal Restoration. This trip actually took it along the Coventry Canal past the Reliant Works adjoining the canal. Not one employee or member of the Company turned out to watch it sail by. I wonder why?

For all these years I have been blaming "only fools and horses" for contributing to the demise of the famous and brilliant car mark that was Reliant. I now have another culprit to add to the list.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X