Folding Caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folding Caravan

I have just been watching this British Pathe Video - great folding caravan, but really shows another time and another place (sigh).

I was reminded of my early family holdays, me, my three sisters, mum, dad, dog all our luggage all packed into a motorbike and sidecar!!
    Mary

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
    I have just been watching this British Pathe Video - great folding caravan, but really shows another time and another place (sigh).

I was reminded of my early family holdays, me, my three sisters, mum, dad, dog all our luggage all packed into a motorbike and sidecar!!
    Same memories here too,
    They really were uncomplicated days way back then,
    Ha, progress

Comment

Lovely bit of nostalgia Mary. That was asking a lot of a Scooter !!!!!

We use to camp using a motorbike and side car (A10). Full camping equipment, two dogs & 3 adults. Luxury !! Great memories.

Comment

Just the thing for tackling Devon and Porlock Hill!
        Jim.
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Re vera View Post
          Same memories here too,
          Ha, progress
          You have reminded me of a very wet day years ago - family holiday in guernsey. Dad rented a motorbike and side car - him plus we four kids. Great fun - a very strong memory for me!
          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Re vera View Post
            Same memories here too,
            Ha, progress
            Ooh. Like it - should have got one to go with that Honda 90 I used to run.

Comment

Folding caravan

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
              Ooh. Like it - should have got one to go with that Honda 90 I used to run.
              You have just brought back a memory of the Honda 90 I used to have, many years ago.I came off that bi,e more times than I care to remember and ended up in hospital twice with it. But I was sorry to see it go when I upgraded. The Honda had been a xmas presnt from my dad as I lived in the nurses home which was in the middle of nowhere
              Fond memories indeed.Once I'd passed my driving test though. That was the end of my biking days

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
                You have just brought back a memory of the Honda 90 I used to have, many years ago.I came off that bi,e more times than I care to remember and ended up in hospital twice with it. But I was sorry to see it go when I upgraded. The Honda had been a xmas presnt from my dad as I lived in the nurses home which was in the middle of nowhere
                Fond memories indeed.Once I'd passed my driving test though. That was the end of my biking days

Pam
                I ended up swapping mine for a bmx for my son as, with 3 young chn, I just couldn't get the use out of it. Found out later that the bike was stolen shortly after , from the new owner, and it ended up in a pool at the local park. Sad! Used to be able to fill it up for about ten bob, if I remember rightly!

Comment

Those were the days Sue!
                  I used to be able to fill my car tank for less than a tenner. It now costs about £48 and it is only an 8 gallon tank!
                  Same car! So it has to be relative!
                  Jim.
                  Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

my take home pay as a young teacher was 96 pounds a month - ha ha much the same as my pension now!! Weeeellllll, not so very different!

Comment

That takes me back to happy days in the mid sixties when life didn't seem so complicated,we would load our two lads in the back of our double adult sidecar with toys and books,luggage on top, wife in the front to maintain order me riding the 650 panther with perhaps another family member riding pillion out for the day or a weekend or the 250 mile regular trip back to the East Riding from exile in Essex.I'm feeling very nostalgic perhaps its the New year's Eve wine or that I became an OAP today,I'm sure life was so much simpler then!! Suprised that scooter could pull that trailer.
                      Joe
                      If you feel life is uncertain always eat your pudding first!

Comment

Those were the days, eh? No breakaway cable, no checks to see if hitch was attached ok. No seatbelt/crash helmet for the kiddie - and parking and setting up on the beach!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                          Those were the days, eh? No breakaway cable, no checks to see if hitch was attached ok. No seatbelt/crash helmet for the kiddie - and parking and setting up on the beach!
                          ......and did you notice he left the garage door wide open when he left home!
                          Mary

Comment

I did,t have a garage or anything worth pinching in those days the motorbike and side car were never locked though,but we did live at the end of a three mile no through road five miles from the nearest village where the only person we saw regular was the postman in the days when people wrote letters.The isolation was bliss.
                            joe
                            If you feel life is uncertain always eat your pudding first!

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
                              my take home pay as a young teacher was 96 pounds a month - ha ha much the same as my pension now!! Weeeellllll, not so very different!
                              You must be very young Sue My first take home pay was £7.10s per week and I ran a car on that (£1 for 4 gallons)
                              Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X