Call me the boomerang - back again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call me the boomerang - back again

Yep - I think I'll have to change my name to "the boomerang". First, it was the Dimension. Fab van which gave us 3 years of enjoyment, except that, in fact we only used it for maybe a total of 3 months during that time. Those 3 months were great but for that amount of use, it was impossible to justify having that expensive piece of kit in the drive (I think someone from this forum bought it - we sold it via the Southampton dealership).

So, after a certain period of being ordinary civilians, we got the bug again. This time, we went for a folding caravan. We had a month in France with it and it was excellent but that month's holiday persuaded us to look for a cottage in France so, the folding caravan was sold at the end of the summer.

So, this time last year, we became the proud owners of a lovely cottage, more like a house really, in Brittany. That seemed to be the ultimate. We bought a tent so we could "carry on camping", as someone once said. We had most of the summer in Brittany last year and had to admit, at the end of it, that the house wasn't for us. So, that was sold (we sold it through the same agent we bought it from and he said it was quite unusual to sell the same house twice in a year...!). The money is now sitting in our French bank account, slowly losing value as the euro declines

So what do we do..? We decide that we want to be back on the road, this time, we fancy an Eriba. It'll be second-hand (I've had enough of expensive vans sitting in the drive) but there are dealers who sell them reconditioned so the search is on.

There must be a certain insanity virus that gets in to you once you've had a van - our family have got used to us now; they just roll their eyes when we explain how the last project didn't work but we're already onto another.

Anyway, time to start scouring the net to see what's out there in the way of Eribas - wish me luck.

Doug

Ah - the insanity virus!

Good to hear from you again! At least you know what you don't want, eh? And you give things a good try out before deciding it's not for you - is that insanity? Sounds more like common sense to me, especially admitting it wasn't the right thing.

Have a go with the Eribas! You may just decide to settle with one then! After that you could always try out the Folding campers and such like! He He - just let us know how you go on!

Comment

Originally posted by snobbyafghan View Post
      Yep - I think I'll have to change my name to "the boomerang". First, it was the Dimension. Fab van which gave us 3 years of enjoyment, except that, in fact we only used it for maybe a total of 3 months during that time. Those 3 months were great but for that amount of use, it was impossible to justify having that expensive piece of kit in the drive (I think someone from this forum bought it - we sold it via the Southampton dealership).

So, after a certain period of being ordinary civilians, we got the bug again. This time, we went for a folding caravan. We had a month in France with it and it was excellent but that month's holiday persuaded us to look for a cottage in France so, the folding caravan was sold at the end of the summer.

So, this time last year, we became the proud owners of a lovely cottage, more like a house really, in Brittany. That seemed to be the ultimate. We bought a tent so we could "carry on camping", as someone once said. We had most of the summer in Brittany last year and had to admit, at the end of it, that the house wasn't for us. So, that was sold (we sold it through the same agent we bought it from and he said it was quite unusual to sell the same house twice in a year...!). The money is now sitting in our French bank account, slowly losing value as the euro declines

So what do we do..? We decide that we want to be back on the road, this time, we fancy an Eriba. It'll be second-hand (I've had enough of expensive vans sitting in the drive) but there are dealers who sell them reconditioned so the search is on.

There must be a certain insanity virus that gets in to you once you've had a van - our family have got used to us now; they just roll their eyes when we explain how the last project didn't work but we're already onto another.

Anyway, time to start scouring the net to see what's out there in the way of Eribas - wish me luck.

Doug

this place is the original Eriba dealership and often has really good bargains
      --Eriba UK
      The Priory
      A417 Faringdon Road Lechlade on Thames
      Gloucestershire, GL7 3EY

Phone: 01367 253 453

Hope this helps
      Ian
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
        this place is the original Eriba dealership and often has really good bargains
        --Eriba UK
        The Priory
        A417 Faringdon Road Lechlade on Thames
        Gloucestershire, GL7 3EY

Phone: 01367 253 453

Hope this helps
        Ian
        Ian

I went there a few years back but I thought, for some reason, that they'd closed. I'll give them a ring (they are'nt that far from us).

Doug

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X