recycle - re use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recycle - re use

15 years ago I did a trek in Nepal and needed a bag to put my big rucksack in for the plane trip (to keep straps out of way of other luggage) I bought a zipped nylon waterproof bag with handles which was used once only.

Never took up much space so I never threw it out -

WELL after 15 year's storage I found a use for it - it is just ideal for packing bedding into the luton area of my Hylo - light weight, waterproof - carry handles for pulling down from luton or taking contents into house for washing. I'd been looking into underbed storage bags but could find the right size /shape - when all along I had the solution at the bottom of my wardrobe.

Originally posted by cedas View Post
    15 years ago I did a trek in Nepal and needed a bag to put my big rucksack in for the plane trip (to keep straps out of way of other luggage) I bought a zipped nylon waterproof bag with handles which was used once only.

Never took up much space so I never threw it out -

WELL after 15 year's storage I found a use for it - it is just ideal for packing bedding into the luton area of my Hylo - light weight, waterproof - carry handles for pulling down from luton or taking contents into house for washing. I'd been looking into underbed storage bags but could find the right size /shape - when all along I had the solution at the bottom of my wardrobe.
    great idea! now,where did you get it so the other hilo`s can all get one
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

mmmm - since I bought it about 15 years ago -- who can say where??? maybe senile dementia or not but my memory does not go that far back - all I can say is that after 15 yrs' storage it is in excellent condition and discreetly and efficiently houses all bedding needs

Certainly wouldn't have bought it via internet in those days and with my mentality I wouldn't have paid much for it - but really don't know -- similar articles are :

http://www.singersoutdoors.co.uk/cat...el-bag-p81.asp

http://www.gapyeartravelstore.com/Fl...FQITfAodNhSnhw

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B..._i=B002C6PJSI

Comment

Originally posted by cedas View Post
        ...ideal for packing bedding into the luton area of my Hylo
        I use a big laundry bag that I bought from Poundland. It holds my sleeping bag and pillows, it's porous, and it makes a good cushion during the day as well.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
          I use a big laundry bag that I bought from Poundland. It holds my sleeping bag and pillows, it's porous, and it makes a good cushion during the day as well.
          Sounds good, how much was it?
          derek b and Babs

Comment

Originally posted by derek b View Post
            Sounds good, how much was it?
            Mary

Comment

Took me a while, Mary, to see what had amused you - well it is only 7.20am and I'm still bleary eyed.

I use stuff sacks left over from camping days to put my bedding in, one for the duvet and one for the pillows and sheets. Have bought a memory topper this winter with it's own bag so hope everything will fit in the luton.

Have to admit I'm lazy so once the bed is down and made up it stays that way for the duration of the trip. I roll up the bedding to one side and cover it when on the move. Bracken seems to prefer lying on his bed on my bed when in transit - he thinks he gets travel sickness when he lies on the floor; he likes to be higher so he can see where he's going.

Can't wait to use the van for the first time this year.
              Di.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X