Are we sailing yet!(I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we sailing yet!(I think)

If you like to be nearer the water or better still on the water & can`t afford to have sailing boat and a caravan then take a look at this little beauty click link below. First link being an up to date version of the 2ND link from early 50`s

http://youtu.be/rB-q6b5aHEU

http://youtu.be/_CrcLNtOtrc

Enjoy

Billy

Like it. Seems such an obvious, practical idea - am surprised not to see them in popular use!

I find the 1950's clip especially amusing - the days when men did all the clever technical stuff and women wore those net waist petticoats when out on a boat! Hmm. Like in the Girls/ Annual cookbook that I still have - boys/men sat at the table waiting for the girls / ladies to serve them.

OK. Little rant over!

Thanks for posting this.
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

The 1950s clip was priceless - very proper. A proper car (any colour you like so long as it's black) and how good to see gentlemen sporting a proper trouser; enough material in each leg to make a decent size awning.

Jolly good show.

Doug

Comment

1950s clip

What sort of car was it?

It reminded me of the Morris 25 that we had in the early 1950s, complete with a blind for the back window, little orange arms for indicators, a running board, a little hatch in the roof that slid back (as a child, I used to stand with my head peeping out as Daddy drove along!), oh and of course the buckets for the leaking roof. I think our record number of passengers for this big old car was 7 wriggling children, some perched on a plank set on bricks behind the front seats! No seat belts, of course. Wouldn't be allowed nowadays.
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I don't think it was a Morris but I could be (probably am) wrong. Maybe a Standard...?

Anyway, the caravan can be towed by a car of "8 horse-power" the voice over said. I think these days, you'd get that much power from a petrol-mower...

Running boards that rotted and fell off, sun-roofs that leaked, 6v headlamps, orange "trafficators" that hardly ever worked (and when they did, they got snapped off), dodgy windscreen-wipers, non-functioning heaters - aahh, the golden days of motoring...

Doug

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X