Puck's Maiden voyage tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puck's Maiden voyage tomorrow

At 24 hours notice, we've decided to do our maiden voyage tomorrow and it's quite a long one - we've decided to go to Scotland (quite a haul from Wiltshire).

We need to do a shakedown trip and Scotland came on the horizon because I've been offered an unused awning for £60.00 (retail value £750.00...!). So, it seems too good a bargain to miss and gives an incentive for a trip to Scotland that we've been talking about for years.

It's 2 years since we did a motorhome or caravan trip so it all seems very exciting - inevitably, we'll forget loads of things which is another reason to do a UK trip before going to Europe.

Just off now to get a new gas regulator - the one in the van is for Calor and we use Camping Gaz - that's one thing I've remembered...!

Doug

Have fun. Safe driving.

Ho ho. The last time we drove to Scotland was in my little old Ford KA (went to the Orkneys in it.) Perhaps not the best possible vehicle to have used - a nippy town car but totally useless for hills / mountains!
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Good luck with that - all the best bits of motorway are heading North!! I wish I was coming with you in a caravan convoy!! I hope you don't forget too much, but take an extra wad of cash just in case! LOL!

Comment

Bon Voyage! you'll love it!
        derek b and Babs

Comment

Have a safe journey and enjoy the trip

Comment

Sounds a great maiden voyage Doug, enjoy!
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Now on site in Killin in the Trossachs. The weather has been great - we're just back from a fairly strenuous walk up one of the local mountains. Starving but too knackered to think of a complicated meal so it's beans on toast with fried eggs, washed down by a few beers from the fridge.

Didn't forget anything important - in fact, we brought far too much. I'm glad we didn't let the fuel shenanigans put us off.

Doug

Comment

Glad you got there ok, despite fuel shortages!

How are you finding the Puck?

Comment

Hi Doug

Keep us updated I will be interested how you are finding the Puck after having a Dimension/R30, what are the pro's and con's?
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

jayjay and Graham - I'll post a review of the Puck when I've had a decent sleep; 1030+ miles round trip in 5 days is a bit of an epic for a UK excursion. Plus, last night got VERY cold in the glen we were in so it wasn't a great night's sleep.

So,back in Wiltshire, a bit washed out but very happy with the Puck.

Doug

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X