a solo campers dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a solo campers dream

these pods are the cheapest on the market,and I saw one at Bognor towed by a Citroen Dyane, not the biggest tow-car of all !
    I think they are great and very low price.

http://www.teardropcaravan.org/www.t....org/Home.html
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

I very seriously considered a teardrop to tow with my van and looked at one at JC Leisure at Winchelsea. It was very tempting but wouldn't be suitable for wilding and I could see myself getting stuck reversing along narrow single-track lanes (which I encounter often). They're good but still very much a second-best to an all-purpose Romahome!

Comment

I must admit to having been very taken by the one I saw at the travel show in B'ham a few years ago.

Ade Edmonson uses one on the tv programme, Ade in Britain. The only disadvantage is that you have to get out of bed and out of the pod to access the cooker. Not a significant problem IMHO.
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Eat cerials and sandwiches! Then you wouldn't have to get out of bed....

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
          Eat cerials and sandwiches! Then you wouldn't have to get out of bed....
          And, of course, take a flask of hot water into the pod, ready for your morning cuppa
          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

It's not insurmountable. Prior to buying my Romahome 5 months ago, I never had/used any cooking facility or means of boiling water and camped like this for decades without it.

I'd miss it now, though -I must be going soft!

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
              It's not insurmountable. Prior to buying my Romahome 5 months ago, I never had/used any cooking facility or means of boiling water and camped like this for decades without it.

I'd miss it now, though -I must be going soft!
              Why struggle when you don't have to? ok if you're going on a survival course and need to 'toughen up', but I can't understand anyone wanting to go without the basics - hot water, hot food and heating! Even stone age people had these!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                Why struggle when you don't have to? ok if you're going on a survival course and need to 'toughen up', but I can't understand anyone wanting to go without the basics - hot water, hot food and heating! Even stone age people had these!
                I didn't view it as any hardship but didn't have the choice - there simply wasn't space in the van. Anyway, it makes me appreciate my 'poshmobile' Romahome all the more. I'll probably have to sell the RH in a few years and revert back to a panel van again but I look at it as 'camping' and I'll will still enjoy it.

Comment

Actually, now I remember, way back (15-20 years ago LOL) I would just get in my little fiesta car, drive to a bit of coast (usually Barmouth, all changed now) with thermos flask, blankets and pillow and park up for the night, curl up in the blankets and fall asleep listening to the sea. Then drive home the next day!

There used to be a few spots back then where you could park overnight, with public loos and a breakfast van nearby.
                  Last edited by jayjay; 02-06-2012, 09:27.

Comment

I used to do the same in a Fiat Panda!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                      these pods are the cheapest on the market,and I saw one at Bognor towed by a Citroen Dyane, not the biggest tow-car of all !
                      I think they are great and very low price.

http://www.teardropcaravan.org/www.t....org/Home.html
                      I'm fascinated by teardrop caravans, there are American websites devoted to them and their owners enjoying meets etc. I have never met anyone using one in the uk, does anyone have first hand experience of them?
                      derek b and Babs

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
                        I used to do the same in a Fiat Panda!
                        the back seat is a bit short, isn't it? 'Curl up' being the appropriate phrase!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                          ...I saw one at Bognor towed by a Citroen Dyane, not the biggest tow-car of all !
                          That's the sort of thing that puts a big smile on my face when I see it on a camp site

Saw a couple of teardrops last year...one at Hereford C&CC and one at the Chester food & drink/VW festival.
                          Neil

Comment

That's about the nicest (basic) teardrop trailer I've ever seen, I like that it's a one piece fibreglass shell and that the mudguards are also teardrop shaped.

Not unreasonable pricing either, especially considering that it has a stainless steel chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                              That's about the nicest (basic) teardrop trailer I've ever seen, I like that it's a one piece fibreglass shell and that the mudguards are also teardrop shaped.

Not unreasonable pricing either, especially considering that it has a stainless steel chassis.
                              My thoughts exactly,this is a well made no frills unit that you can tow cheaply and it does what it says on the tin.
                              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X