Cheap caravan heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap caravan heater

I've just bought this heater from Amazon. It's a 500w convector heater and cost £15.69 delivered.
    It is a wall mounted heater, but since I didn't want to be drilling holes in my caravan, I came up with this idea. The stainless steel over the door hanger I think I got from Aldi. But you could use any type of hooks. I just cable tied it to the hanger. It hooks over cupboard doors and over the bottom of my wardrobe door. It seems to do the trick.:so happy: Pam

That's really neat, Pam! It looks like it's just meant to be there, like a proper installation! It will certainly keep you warm on those chilly nights. My caravan used to have a gas fire situated in the same area but it was condemned by the engineer and taken out. I have the little oil filled Delonghi Bambino radiator now, but I put it on a drainer, on top of the cooker at night, out of the way.

Comment

This is just what I had been looking for!! Ordered one straight away:so happy:

Comment

cheap fire

Originally posted by Suewho View Post
        This is just what I had been looking for!! Ordered one straight away:so happy:
        Hope it works out for you.

Pam

Comment

That looks really good, I've added it to the accessories store

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/smalmotoa...ail/B006E6ALOO

If anyone buys from this link the forum receives a small commission which we use to help the forum running costs but it doesn't cost you a penny extra.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

cheap caravn heater

Came across the door hanger I used for the heater. It cost £1.99 in B and M. Pam

Comment

Mine came today, very pleased, will now look in B & M for the rail, thanks again

Comment

cheaper caravan heater

Originally posted by Suewho View Post
                Mine came today, very pleased, will now look in B & M for the rail, thanks again
                Let me know how it works out. Pam

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                  That's really neat, Pam! It looks like it's just meant to be there, like a proper installation! It will certainly keep you warm on those chilly nights. My caravan used to have a gas fire situated in the same area but it was condemned by the engineer and taken out. I have the little oil filled Delonghi Bambino radiator now, but I put it on a drainer, on top of the cooker at night, out of the way.
                  Don't you find that siting the heater on the draining board leaves you with cold feet jayjay?
                  Obviously, hot air rises. And if, like me, you suffer from cold feet. A heater on the draining board would be as good as useless.
                  Pam's solution looks ideal
                  Jim.
                  Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Hi Jim, it sits on the floor on its feet if I need it during the day, as there is still plenty of room to get in and out of the back door. Yes I get cold feet as well! Overnight I put it up on the draining board atop the cooker, as it's out of the way of dog and dog bed.. and not obstructing my way out to the loo if needed. I find when tucked up cosy in bed I only need a small amount of background heat, so it's ideal up on the draining board overnight.

Many times I have got up during the night and turned it down as it's been too warm to sleep comfortably!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                      Many times I have got up during the night and turned it down as it's been too warm to sleep comfortably!
                      Herbert gets so warm with the heater on that he becomes something of a sauna. We have this year invested in a posher heater that cuts in and out on a sensor.
                      Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X