Well, here goes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here goes!

I'm just about to go outside and see if the damp proofing my ex-hubby did last week has worked... I put the tarp back on after he'd finished, as bad weather was given out and I wanted the sealant to harden off/cure properly.

Yesterday, I decided to take the tarp off and it's rained overnight, so fingers crossed and wish me luck! Back later with report and some photos - not of the damp, but the two tables I've fitted..

Hope it's as dry as a bone, good luck, look forward to seeing the pics of the tables.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Well, after a very sticky session with sikaflex... I think I finally got it sorted.

my ex-hubby did a reseal last week around the front window, but the damp still seemed to be coming in from somewhere, I thought it might be the little trim next to the window, as it just couldn't be anything else, so I've put that right, well, sort of. I'm having trouble with screws for this van. Every time I undo a screw, it won't screw back in tightly, just swivels around and it's really irritating me now. I have to keep finding fatter/bit longer screws to take up the slack.

The roof seems to be ok now. At least it doesn't look like there are any new/renewed damp stains. The roof seems to 'puddle' when the pop top is down. I think I need four little bits of flexible hose (or something) to fasten on as drainpipes to get the water off the roof, one at each corner! You'd think there would be a gap at each corner for drainage, but there isn't! However, puddles or not, it doesn't seem to be coming in anymore.

Here's some pics of the tables. One is on the side of the wardrobe, going to use it as a telly table. The other is by the sink, providing some much needed workspace.. Can either be folded up and secured with a slide bolt, or folded down. I could do with a little leg at the end, just for extra support, but I haven't come across one yet. The ideal one is actually propping the boot up at the front, so I need something like that as I can hardly swipe that one! LOL!

Any suggestions welcome!
      Attached Files

Comment

Glad you are getting sorted Jay Jay,looks good!!

Dabs

Comment

Originally posted by Dabs View Post
          Glad you are getting sorted Jay Jay,looks good!!

Dabs
          Thanks, Dabs! The pics make things look better than they actually are though! And I had to move the swinging support underneath the telly table as when I had finished and was congratulating myself on a wonderful job, I went to fold it away, and the top of the thing was colliding with the hinge, so I had to take it all off and move it. You would have thought it should be in the middle, but it won't fold away flat if you put it there... hence the row of holes I need to fill in and disguise....

Can't wait to put in the curtains and fit a carpet, bought a roll end of 80% wool carpet in Crewe for just £10 last week!

At some point I'm going to have to re-paper the whole inside, as there are 'tide marks' where the damp was coming in, but I shall have to leave that for later on in the year as I want to use it! another reason I'm leaving it for now is that I'm sick of every straightforward-looking job turning into a nightmare, and no doubt that will be another one.
          Last edited by jayjay; 05-04-2010, 08:44.

Comment

All looks great
            Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X