Carousel Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carousel Quest

Well, if all goes to plan, we are off at some unholy hour tomorrow morning to make the trip to deepest Norfolk to see these 'ere weird and wonderful folding caravans at the source.

We don't know what to expect but we have to see them to decide if they are what we want or not and since Carousels are only available from the manufacturer, it's to Norfolk we must go.

With a bit of luck, I'll be able to report back on Monday.

Doug

Good luck Doug I hope it comes up to expectations.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Have a good trip! make sure you try all that putting up yourself, don't just let the demonstrator show you! I'm looking forward to hearing what you thought on Monday!

Comment

They go up very easily, have seen them and been allowed to have a go they are very well put together. The only problem with them is the decor which really could do with updating as my memory of them was dated floral styles.

However it may be possible bychoosing your own fixtures and fittings to fix that. The people who make them seem very genuine people.

Comment

Mission accomplished insofar as we've now seen Carousels in the flesh and decided we like them. We haven't bought one - yet.

It was a long trip just to browse - Devizes to North Norfolk is a fair old step and we did it there and back in one day - but essential. Gobur (the manufacturers) don't trade through dealers any more (they did at one time but decided to cut out the middle-man for a variety of reasons) so it is necessary to make the trip to assess the product.

The owners are a very helpful and friendly bunch and there is no sales pressure. Richard spent hours with us, explaining and answering questions. I had a demo of folding and unfolding a Carousel and was able to have a go myself.

I like the concept of the folding van now I've seen it. Speaking to a couple who were there to collect theirs after a service, they were full of praise for the product and the back-up service. They had previously owned conventional vans and found the towing of a Carousel was so much easier. I can vouch for the fact that brute force is not required to unfold and fold them - it's more a matter of basic technique and timing. Once unfolded, you've got a caravan. It's small and doesn't have a fancy bathroom or permanent double bed but compared to the Romahome Dimension we had before, it seems enormous inside, especially the Standard width as opposed to the Slimline. We reckon the 12' long, Standard width is the ideal for us.

We are now trying to decide if any of the second-hand ones they have in stock will suit us. If we'd sold the Dimension, they have a very nice one that would be perfect but it's considerably over the budget we'd allowed and I'm reluctant to spend that much whilst the Dimension is still unsold.

For those unfamiliar with Carousels, here's some photos of the one we like and of a Carousal in towing mode:

Doug

Comment

Hi Doug

They look very nice and it sounds like you get good back up service as well, best of luck, hope you get one you like.

If you don't sell the Dimension you could tow the van with the Dimension and have the best of both worlds.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Aren't they lovely!

Glad you went and tried them out.

Will we be seeing a for sale sign on your Dimension soon then? Best time to sell is now... best time to buy is October!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X