Update on carpet, curtains, cushions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on carpet, curtains, cushions!

My darling son has just been and fitted the carpet in my wee van. Looks a treat now. All I have left to do is stick the bumper to the bar where you keep banging your head when the table isn't there... And the dangly bits to warn you that the headroom is running out!

Well, that's all in the way of furnishing for now, although later on in the season I will have to repaper or paint the walls as there are some damp stains... all dried out now and hopefully not leaking. (I am packing the tarp though, just in case! )

Thought you might like to see some photos. First one is a link to the 'before' shots (from another post, can't get the same one to post twice!) and the rest are after all the hard work!

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...5&d=1260379489
    Attached Files

very nice jayjay!! Can I have a proper nosey at Wolverley??
    I'd let myself go but I've already gone......:D

Comment

' Course you can! Looks better on the photos than in real life though, you can see all the scratches and scrapes in person! LOL!

Can't wait for Wolverley now, not long to go. It will be nice to camp in the 'van, rather than forever trying to fix something every day.... I need a holiday after all that 'how do I fix this' thinking, never mind the heavy hands on stuff!

Have to admit, I was going to fit the carpet myself, but I knew my son was coming around to help me hitch up the van for a practice run... so I put it in there knowing he wouldn't be able to resist offering to do it for me, bless him. He used to be a showhouse fitter, and hates fitting carpets, but he does an excellent job! He started at 1.30pm and finished at 4 this afternoon. Said it was much harder than fitting a carpet in a regular sized empty room... which I knew.....

Comment

It looks really nice, your son has done a good job.

You could bring your tools with you in case you find anything wrong while you are camping.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Looking good JayJay,its good when a plan comes together its looking a neat little van!!
          I bet you cant wait to get out and about in it!!
          Dabs

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
            It looks really nice, your son has done a good job.

You could bring your tools with you in case you find anything wrong while you are camping.
            That reminds me of caravaning years ago, meeting up with in-laws. Both fellas brought huge tool boxes and spent half the time under the respective cars/vans conferring on various tasks whilst us ladies supervised kids, dogs and fixed food. (actually it wasn't that bad) plenty of hikes in the Welsh hills, spring water to drink, milk from the farm and peace Ann

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X