Taken the Plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taken the Plunge

We've ordered a Carousel folder (secondhand).

Here it is:
    http://www.goburcaravans.co.uk/disp-...D=5&specID=688

Spent more than we intended

Due to collect next week. Just hope we've done the right thing for once...

doug

It looks great Doug, we always spend more than we intended to do at the outset. I'm sure you will love it.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

oooohhhh yes, very nice - enjoy!!
      I'd let myself go but I've already gone......:D

Comment

Congratulations! It looks lovely! Here's to many happy camping trips!

Comment

Yeah congratulations, that looks really nice, I am the same though always spend more than my budget... good luck and enjoy
          A dog is for life, for loving and forever, and x3 is even better :)

Comment

That looks interesting a folding caravan not thought of that myself before

Comment

Thanks for the comments. We are picking it up next Thursday from the dealer in Norfolk then spending 5 nights in Norfolk, practising assembling and folding. I have a vision of me pressing the wrong button and ending up inside while it's folded, with just my little, hairy legs sticking out and waggling feebly like an upside down beetle. Hopefully not!

If all goes well, we then plan either a Grand Tour of Britain for several weeks in June or a long trip to France.

My main worry is that I've made a mistake by compromising on the width. My original, definite decision, was to get the standard width. Celia thought the slimline would be better, particularly when towing. I persuaded her I was right then, for some reason, I suddenly had an overnight conversion and decided that, after all, the slimline was the more attractive size. So much for definite decisions. So we've gone for the slimline. Now I'm wondering, is it going to be wide enough? However, the Romahome Dimension we had wasn't very wide inside and the Carousel is certainly less cluttered inside than the Dimension so hopefully, it'll be OK.

Doug

Comment

I think you've made the right choice re slimline.

Much easier to see around and behind, less drag. My 'van is 5ft9" wide, about the same as my car. I can't feel it on the back (might be different now the kitchen sink etc is in there, LOL!) no drag, and less petrol to tow.

Comment

jayjay

That was the reason for choosing slimline - ease of towing. It sounds like it's about the same width as yours. Also, when folded down for towing, the driver can see over the top of it. It's also a bit lighter than the standard so easier to move by hand.

I'm looking forward to getting it on site. I spoke to other owners when I was at the dealers and they said they never get tired of seeing the look on other caravanners faces when they unfold their trailer and what seemed to be a trailer tent at best turns into a small but perfectly formed caravan.

Are you out in your new little beauty over the bank holiday....?

Doug

Comment

I have seen a clip from u-tube showing a folding caravan being opened and closed, as you said a neat perfect caravan

Comment

Originally posted by snobbyafghan View Post
                      jayjay

Are you out in your new little beauty over the bank holiday....?

Doug
                      Nope! I went to the meet though, and we both had a lovely time meeting friends old and new!

I don't do Bank Holidays as a rule, just too much trafiic for me!

Enjoy your caravan - we want a full report when you return!

Comment

I noticed there were at least two carousels at Wolverley, I don't know whether it is me who is noticing them more because you have just bought one but I am definitely seeing more knocking about.
                        Graham
                        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Currently onsite at Fakenham Racecourse. We've now unfolded twice and folded once as well as doing a fair bit of towing (or "tugging" as Graham would doubtless say......!).

Full report when we return hopefully Tuesday.

Doug

Comment

We're the one that looks like a car park attendant's booth…!

Doug
                            Last edited by snobbyafghan; 01-05-2010, 21:16.

Comment

Tin Tent Tuggers association(lmao)

Originally posted by snobbyafghan View Post
                              We've ordered a Carousel folder (secondhand).

Here it is:
                              http://www.goburcaravans.co.uk/disp-...D=5&specID=688

Spent more than we intended

Due to collect next week. Just hope we've done the right thing for once...

doug
                              Hi S.F aka Doug. Just like yourselfn i took bull by the horns two days ago & decided to go for a second hand Carousel Slimline 12/2 from one of my favourite places online Gumtree it was love at first sight after the previous owner demonstrated how she was put together less than 5 mins and their she was, another car park attendants mobile office from trailer to caravan in less than 5mins The gentleman in question was in his late 60`s it too k him all of 3 mins to give his son the order in which part goes up first with me as the onlooker with eyes filled with wonderment on this thing goes from a trailer to a caravan "just like that" tommy cooper never saw this i don`t think , drove home still head in the clouds had to use tom tom to find the way home never once did it sway/snake as i was driving within speed limits & forward think as to where we can go next,am like a little boy with a brand new toy now, this will never wear off as i have been looking for one of these forever within my price range.

Will add more info at later date once i manage to bring my head out of the clouds lol.

So now we are THREE all we need is one more Muskateer

Happy Camping & Caravaning Y`All
                              Billy (Big Grin from Ear to Ear)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Wanderer101; 18-05-2010, 22:58. Reason: Forgot last sentance lol

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X