As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suitcase Cookers Safety Alert

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Suitcase Cookers Safety Alert

    I have repeated this post as it is a safety issue

    If you do not have a fitted cooker you are just as likely using one of these.



    I use one and find it to be very good, it burns more cleanly than any other camping cooker I have had, in fact it is better than the very expensive Smev that was fitted in the Romahome. A farmer on TV said that sheep are always thinking of new ways to die, I sometimes think this also applies to some people. There is a safety alert on these stoves, it seems that people use them with the pan support upside down. This causes the cylinder to overheat and explode.

    http://www.boatsafetyscheme.com/site/Home_1.asp
    Derek Our Berlingo camping car

    #2
    Its worth repeating Derek, thanks for that.

    If any one else wants to put on a repeat post from the old forum please feel free, we can't import the old posts unfortunately not even if we wave pound notes at them. So anything you feel needs repeating please post it in the appropriate section.

    Graham
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

    Comment


      #3
      imports from the old forum

      Graham,
      Im not surprised you cant import if you wave pound notes, try rattling pound coins. Boy ,I thought I was old fashioned, or havnt you opened your wallet lately?

      Ho Ho Ho:
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
        Graham,
        Im not surprised you cant import if you wave pound notes, try rattling pound coins. Boy ,I thought I was old fashioned, or havnt you opened your wallet lately?

        Ho Ho Ho:



        Wallet? Whats that? I keep my money in a body belt and the last time I opened that a lot of moths flew out.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

        Comment


          #5
          Wallet????

          Originally posted by Graham View Post


          Wallet? Whats that? I keep my money in a body belt and the last time I opened that a lot of moths flew out.
          Hi Graham, dont feel alone mate, i still have a wallet bought 4 me by my sister in 1972, unopened, i much Prefare to use my trustie tin!! TEN BOB NOTES, fits in just nice,(yes notes Ian) lol.. eeh las those were the days,. Rob from sunny Cleethorpes.
          Rob,:thumbsup:

          Comment


            #6
            Re Cooker

            Originally posted by Nu Venture, Cleethorpes View Post
            Hi Graham, dont feel alone mate, i still have a wallet bought 4 me by my sister in 1972, unopened, i much Prefare to use my trustie tin!! TEN BOB NOTES, fits in just nice,(yes notes Ian) lol.. eeh las those were the days,. Rob from sunny Cleethorpes.
            Going back to the original post on the cooker , i actually use one of these in the summer months as a addition to my van one, outside my van for onoins, smoked bacon, sausages, in fact anything that smells yummy,(lol) i find it keeps the van a bit cleaner around the kitchen area, AND i must admit, when after having a shandy or two, HAVE had to look hard as to which way around that top plate sits so a good point made!!!
            Rob,:thumbsup:

            Comment

            320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

            Collapse

            728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

            Collapse
            Working...
            X