This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

belingo xtr suitable tail gate awnings

looking for tail gate awning, has anyone got outdoor revolution tail gate awning, are they better than kyham model.

I think you will find an even split on the forum between fans of the Outdoor Revolution and the Khyam. Personally i favour the Kyham for the speed of pitching and the stability because of the heavier frame but you pay a weight and bulk penalty for the convenience of the quick erect system. All comes down to your budget and the space you have available for transporting. I also have an outdoor revolution utility tent which is great quality and a doddle to pitch, many members on here use the Outdoor Revolution Movelite range of awnings and have only good things to say about them.
    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Depends what size you need! Our camping set-up is idiosyncratic to say the least; until recently I've been sleeping in the back of a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - the 7-seat version - which has 6' from the back of the front seats to the tailgate, opening into a Sunncamp Silhouette awning, which has worked well as a changing room for me in the tunnel (no headroom in the C4 with all the rear seats folded down!) and a kitchen in the main awning. This then opens out into an area covered with just a canvas fly-sheet, which we use as a living/sitting area, and the assorted offspring each have a single-person tent that also opens out into this. Add a large HM canvas windbreak for privacy & shelter if needed... Sounds cumbersome, but it allows us all some privacy. Add some weatherproof woven polyprop rugs, bunting & solar fairy-lights under the flysheet & it looks better than it sounds! If the awning fits the C4 it'll fit a Berlingo, as they're basically the same vehicle - the C4 is a little longer & not quite so high, but the awning also fits onto my neighbour's Bongo as the connecting tunnel is pretty adaptable. It takes me about 10 minutes to put up solo and has proved very weatherproof & rock-solid. Cheap & cheerful but more than adequate!

Comment

berlingo tailgate awnings

Further to the discussion, I own a 2009 vtr berlingo and bought a Packashack tailgate awning a few years ago. It is easy to use and provides good shelter especially with the built in groundsheet unlike other types I have seen advertised. We changed the fitting elastic to a much heavier grade and use additional poles to provide a bit of rigidity and to use with the sun canopy . Overall well pleased with it and suits our needs well and its in the car all year round .

Comment