X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curtains for Peugeot Partner/Citroen Berlingo

Hello

We're new to small motorhoming having recently acquired a K2 Base Camp. Although it came with screens we would prefer curtains. Can anyone recommend a way of fixing curtains and suitable track/rail/other method?

Thanks

curtains

Hi there
    I would have thought the easiest method to have curtains would be to fit curtain wires probably down each side and one at the front and back.
    I am very intereted in your K2 camper are you happy with it ?
    Is the bed comfy etc?
    Did you buy it from K2 directly?
    Cheers Peter

Comment

Hi both, I have just remembered there is a thread about this

http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/sh...p?t=640&page=2

The method I am using on my Berlingo is a bit of a bodge but I am looking into improving things. I am unwilling to drill into the van to get a fixing as the wiring loom is behind. I am thinking of making some brackets to go under the screws holding the speaker and some more to go under the screws that hold the storage net. These will hold the track. I need to get a round toit.

I like the look of the K2 Base camp, I will be interested to hear how you get on with it. Have fun
      Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

Thank you both for your responses.

Peter: Although we've just read your response that is what we're in the process of doing. We bought some black suedette from e-bay (lightweight but seems to keep out the light) and have put a net wire along the top of each window and are installing press studs to give the curtains a better fit. We also plan to fit tie-backs. Work in progress but it seems to be going okay. We've only had the K2 Base Camp since December so are still getting to know it and haven't used it to its full potential yet. The cushions aren't the thickest (and we're not the lightest!)so we've purchased two Duvalays with a memory foam base. They do however convert into v comfy seating. We purchased directly from K2. There is one currently one on e-bay but a word of warning not all the photos are of the actual vehicle for sale (we viewed it and would have bought it had the engine been bigger and diesel). The concept is great and we are looking forward to the warmer weather. Maybe we'll even get along to one of the meets. One or two hiccups with the aftersales service but these are slowly being resolved.

Derek: Thanks, we'll have a look at the other thread. we love your Berlingo and have had a look at your Youtube post! We are considering getting an awning like yours.

Comment

K2 Curtains

Glad your getting your cutains sorted.
          Thanks for the info on your K2.
          I was wondering about the thickness of the cushions too, as you say we are not the lightest either.
          Does the camper bed or can the bed fold up into the boot when using the car seats ?
          How did you go on with insuring it ?
          K2 told me that I didn't need to tell insurance as the structure of the car not changed or at least I think that is what he was saying.
          Looking into having our Kangoo mpv converted by them hence all the question.
          Thanks Peter Fowden

Peter: Although we've just read your response that is what we're in the process of doing. We bought some black suedette from e-bay (lightweight but seems to keep out the light) and have put a net wire along the top of each window and are installing press studs to give the curtains a better fit. We also plan to fit tie-backs. Work in progress but it seems to be going okay. We've only had the K2 Base Camp since December so are still getting to know it and haven't used it to its full potential yet. The cushions aren't the thickest (and we're not the lightest!)so we've purchased two Duvalays with a memory foam base. They do however convert into v comfy seating. We purchased directly from K2. There is one currently one on e-bay but a word of warning not all the photos are of the actual vehicle for sale (we viewed it and would have bought it had the engine been bigger and diesel). The concept is great and we are looking forward to the warmer weather. Maybe we'll even get along to one of the meets. One or two hiccups with the aftersales service but these are slowly being resolved.

Derek: Thanks, we'll have a look at the other thread. we love your Berlingo and have had a look at your Youtube post! We are considering getting an awning like yours.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi Peter

I've attached a couple of photos so you can see what the bed looks like and also what it looks like when folded away. The boards stay behind the rear seats when it's in use as a car although you do lose a couple of inches of boot space. I can personally vouch for the comfiness of the back seat with the boards folded behind it.

Insuring wasn't the easiest. K2 told me it didn't have to be reclassified as a motorhome as it doesn't meet dvla requirements. However insuring it as a car was prohibitively expensive - I think this is down to the rising roof. In the end I insured it as a motorhome with LV via Whittlesey Insurance Services. I stumbled across them online but they were very helpful. Swinton were also good but much pricier.

We understand from the owner of K2 that Which Motorhome recently reviewed the Basecamp and have suggested some improvements that they are working on. It may be worth waiting a while until they've refined the design.

Good luck if you do go ahead with the conversion - would love to see some pictures! K2 even sent us pictures as the vehice was undergoing conversion which we appreciated as we are not local to Portsmouth and were unable to keep an eye on progress. Personally I wish we'd discovered this concept years ago.
            Attached Files

Comment

K2 Furniture

Nice to see your photo's of your K2 bed very nice compact set up.
              I've received some photo's from K2 of some of the revised furniture.
              It looks nice but I can't quite work out how it will go together in the Base conversion. Maybe it's just me ! Says Honda on the attachment so maybe it's just going to be something on these lines
              Peter Fowden
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
                Nice to see your photo's of your K2 bed very nice compact set up.
                I've received some photo's from K2 of some of the revised furniture.
                It looks nice but I can't quite work out how it will go together in the Base conversion. Maybe it's just me ! Says Honda on the attachment so maybe it's just going to be something on these lines
                Peter Fowden
                Hi Peter and Jan

Thanks for posting the photo, very interesting. It looks nothing like the furniture in our Base Camp but they did say they were going to make improvements. It would be nice to see it all set up rather than just the storage view. Did he send you any more photos?

You are not alone in your confusion!

Amanda

Comment

Updates

Hi,
                  Any updates on these K2 units????
                  They look the bis
                  If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

Hi Chocoholic

Personal circumstances have meant we've been unable to get away camping in the K2 as planned. However we're very pleased with it as a leisure vehicle for days out and hope we'll camp in it before the end of the year. The Base Camp was reviewed by Which earlier this year and I think they've suggested yet more improvements. They are now also building a one berth based on the Partner/Berlingo. K2 are now selling their vehicles via Meon Valley Garage near their workshop near Southampton. We had to take ours back recently and have some work done under warranty (to the car not the conversion) and Kevin the owner was more than happy to show us round the workshop and the showroom. I'm sure if you contacted him he would send you a copy of the Which review.

We love our Patsy (as we've called her) and are only sorry circumstances have temporarily dictated we can't use her to her full potential.

Comment

Hi,
                      I googled for the Meon Valley Garage in your post and it seems a lot of peps are having lots of BIG problems with them,
                      Maybe its a new firm thats started up, in the old place!
                      Happy you got your problems sorted though,
                      Is it the same company?
                      I realy like some more info on that sink cooker console in your photo,That really looks a cracker,
                      Does it fold up into a seat?
                      What is the other unit on the right, got me puzzled (easy to do)
                      Is the water container in the base of the unit?
                      Is the waste from the sink also underneath in the unit?
                      Really looks functional unit conversion

Going on my first Stealth run this w/end to see how it all functions in my conversion, sorting out a few niggles,
                      Best of it I can only blame myself ( for a change) HaHa
                      Have fun and go use her to her full potential,
                      Regards
                      Pete
                      If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

Originally posted by chocoholic View Post
                        Hi,
                        I googled for the Meon Valley Garage in your post and it seems a lot of peps are having lots of BIG problems with them,
                        Maybe its a new firm thats started up, in the old place!
                        Happy you got your problems sorted though,
                        Is it the same company?
                        I realy like some more info on that sink cooker console in your photo,That really looks a cracker,
                        Does it fold up into a seat?
                        What is the other unit on the right, got me puzzled (easy to do)
                        Is the water container in the base of the unit?
                        Is the waste from the sink also underneath in the unit?
                        Really looks functional unit conversion

Going on my first Stealth run this w/end to see how it all functions in my conversion, sorting out a few niggles,
                        Best of it I can only blame myself ( for a change) HaHa
                        Have fun and go use her to her full potential,
                        Regards
                        Pete
                        I'm not sure what K2's connection is with Meon Valley Garage, we bought our conversion direct from K2's workshop.
                        We don't have a cooker/sink console in our conversion; it came supplied with a Colman Fold and Go stove. There is no sink so no sink waste required. Of the two units in our Partner one stores the cooker, pots, pans etc and the other houses the portapotti and a water container. All very basic but that was what appealed to us. I think the new single berth version has a few more luxuries in the kitchen department.

Hope your first stealth run went well.

Regards
                        Amanda and Allie

Comment

Hi,
                          Had a few niggles to sort out, but got there in the end thanks,
                          Just back from the Tapton lock meet, 4 days jobby
                          Keep learning little tips each time I use it
                          You have to be very well organized to successfully get the benefit from these little campers,
                          But I would not swop it for the world at the moment,
                          I did get the handi awning which has made a big difference for cooking and storing excess equipment, and a bit of legroom
                          Gets better every time:so happy:

Comment

Originally posted by chocoholic View Post
                            Hi,
                            Had a few niggles to sort out, but got there in the end thanks,
                            Just back from the Tapton lock meet, 4 days jobby
                            Keep learning little tips each time I use it
                            You have to be very well organized to successfully get the benefit from these little campers,
                            But I would not swop it for the world at the moment,
                            I did get the handi awning which has made a big difference for cooking and storing excess equipment, and a bit of legroom
                            Gets better every time:so happy:
                            Brilliant. Been looking at your photos on another thread and you've done an amazing job of your conversion.

Still not camped in ours Any tips you could share with us novices?

How are you getting on with the handi? We bought a Khyam but when we tried it with the camper discovered we were missing a crucial part which is probably spiked in the garden somewhere from when we tried pitching it without the camper nearby. We can see its potential though.

Hope you and your little camper enjoy many more happy trips away

Comment

First off, get a set of ramps to level bed area without sliding outa bed,
                              obtain a few bungee ball cords to secure your kit in cupboards, also they come in handy for securing the guys to the wheels of the tunnel,
                              Make sure you can open the rear doors from the inside ,when you have the bed down a set up for sleeping, just in case you gotta get out quickly!!
                              Can you access all the makings for coffee in the morning with the bed down???,
                              Leave a little gap on one of the windows, down wind so you can breathe,
                              (The average person will inhale approx 40 cubic ft air in one hour at rest)
                              you could wake up with a nasty headache
                              Get a silver windscreen cover to help with insultaion,
                              DON'T use a gas stove inside with the doors and windows shut, you may wake up with your elbows touching wood
                              You'll have to keep a notepad and write down any niggles to sort out later when you get home after a trip, If you have a memory like mine
                              Get yourself down to a meet and have fun with your fellow forumites

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X