X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amdro Camper Conversion

Have just been sent info from Amdro about there new Kangoo/Berlingo/Partner
    conversion.
    It fits in the boot fold your back seats down and fold the Amdro over and you can either sit in back with table or fold completley down for double bed.
    About £1200 with cooker and assembled.
    Will be checking it out soon.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...id=49029340221

Peter Fowden

I think it's quite an ingenious design for occasional use and adds increased versatility to an already practical and versatile vehicle.

Comment

Amdro conversion

I agree Karen,
      they do a Kangoo with a full webasto type sunroof. The conversion would be great with one of those.
      We've had 3 Kangoo's a 4x4 Trekka (good but under powered )
      A Expression 1.5DCI 80 the best one I think and now a 09 Expression 1.2 petrol good but the DCI was better.
      Cheers
      Peter Fowden

Comment

Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
        I agree Karen,
        they do a Kangoo with a full webasto type sunroof. The conversion would be great with one of those.
        We've had 3 Kangoo's a 4x4 Trekka (good but under powered )
        A Expression 1.5DCI 80 the best one I think and now a 09 Expression 1.2 petrol good but the DCI was better.
        Cheers
        Peter Fowden
        I don't think you can go wrong with a Kangoo. I have the 1.2 petrol van, the 1.6 Kangoo Roo motorhome and my husband and in-laws each have the 1.2 Expression car. With the exception of the in-laws' car, all have been camped in and my husband has made a collapsible bed arrangement for his car - although none of his work colleagues are allowed to know that he goes on holiday in it!

Right now I'm re-adapting my Kangoo van as a very basic camper which will provide all I need and will eventually be replaced with a newer diesel Kangoo (or Berlingo) with heater once it's all been tried and tested.

Comment

Mmmmm....

Seems to be a bit of a rip off, of Our Kangoo that i converted almost five years ago.Except ours has a sink [ with running water ],a leisure battery,12v caravan sockets,cushions & curtains. But cost a fraction of their price. D.

Comment

I asked Amdro about a sink facility - but they just laughed at me. I thought it was fairly essential in a 'campervan'....??!!

Comment

Originally posted by buildavan View Post
              Seems to be a bit of a rip off, of Our Kangoo that i converted almost five years ago.Except ours has a sink [ with running water ],a leisure battery,12v caravan sockets,cushions & curtains. But cost a fraction of their price. D.
              Impressed with your kangoo conversion.
              We like the idea of the Amdro conversion as there is no modification of the car and it can be put in and out of the boot when needed and still allow use of all 5 seats.
              I agree they are a bit on the pricey side but it is the design you are paying for and the convenience of buying ready done .

Comment

I can't help wondering if the designer of this very interesting, versatile and well constructed 'Pod' has ever been inspired by the interior of the lovely self build by Sonke and his partner, here (fourth post down).

This interior certainly inspired me, its elegantly simple... And simply elegant!

Comment

Stimpson designs make a lift out unit for car/camper conversions that has sink,cooker,storage,Etc etc.
                  Worth a look if only to pinch the idea from a world class designer.
                  Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X