No announcement yet.

Derekoak new doblo xl camper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed an important detail for you..... :-)

IMG_20180415_224118.jpg

I think if our circumstances would be different I probably would go down your route....fab car that is already...!

Comment

Originally posted by NiedrigerIQ View Post
      Fixed an important detail for you..... :-)

IMG_20180415_224118.jpg
      Took a few seconds to look back at my copy but yes

Comment

First upholstered cushion
        20180416_072147-600x800.jpg
        this is the cooks seat, lots to do!

Comment

Poor Ellie. She'll be worn out (as will her sewing machine!)

I love the colour. What sort of material is it.It almost looks like velour?

Comment

Originally posted by SandraM View Post
            Poor Ellie. She'll be worn out (as will her sewing machine!)

I love the colour. What sort of material is it.It almost looks like velour?
            Poor Ellie is off with a friend of ours walking the Pennine way Todmorden to Edale in 3 days camping as practice for their May trip across Scotland. Leaving me to continue with other camper bits. She finished that sewing with backache, hopefully carrying 23 pounds across the moors is an antidote not final straw!
            That is heavy denim pure cotton, tie bleached. Last upholstery was from IKEA also heavy pure cotton, it lasted 5 years , but the cooks seat had worn on some edges. Thats how we know it is important to have 2 cook seat sized cushions to interchange. This denim frays more so she had to oversew the seam allowances zigzag .
            The Singer sewing machine which was the walking friend's mother's machine, which I used 47 years ago to sew a suit of dighy sails, will hopefully go on and on! The original owner would be about 106 if still alive. It would have been one of the first with a motor, my mum had a treadle one being old fashioned.

Comment

Wow, you sewed dinghy sails on a domestic machine.

John bought me a new machine from John Lewis less than three weeks ago and the intention was to bring it here to our daughter's so I could carry on altering clothes that no longer fit me.
              The day before we left our house I went to turn it on to do a quick job and the foot control is hit and miss. Must be a lose wire I reckon.
              I could only bring it with me by attaching another foot to it.

I have so far broken three needles, despite the fact that this machine is supposed to be capable of sewing denim and broke while I was sewing fleece!!

Give me the old ones any day.

Comment

This is the galley side, complete short of finally gluing together varnishing , formica and most importantly gas. The sink now has a waste pipe.

20180415_105341-600x800.jpg
                20180415_105308-800x600.jpg
                there are 3 separate units gathered round the fridge, the sink unit to the right the hob unit above and the storage drainer to the left. Sometime i will fit a little waste in a hollow formed in the hob, then the formica covered drainer, and an extension beyond, will be able to drain properly. The sink which is a 1/3 x 100 gastronorm pan already has a waste in a formed hollow. There will be another 1/3 x 100 pan in there as a washing up bowl, that is the purpose of the pick up finger groove in the elm front . Finally a shaped elm chopping board rebated ontop of that.

Comment

You still designing things so the cooks seat and the stove can be moved in the blink of an eye outside for outdoor cooking ?, weather and surrounding permitting it..?

If so, pics please...about those units outside...

Comment

That will have to wait. At the moment it takes longer than the blink of an eye and a pair of pliers to pull the pins, but I will work on it. Probably just easing packing and lubricating. I have also not solved all problems of uneven ground outside. Perhaps some units stuck to the outside of the car with sucker devices? Also no gas at all inside or to a theoretical outdoor barbeque point. The idea is the third settee seat and the table may go outside too. But right now single minded priorities to getting most important facilities first. Formica today.
                    At least all units are now fixed to the inside with a variety of Flint theatre fixes and wing nut type things, without wasting any space.

Comment

Originally posted by Derekoak View Post
                      ... have also not solved all problems of uneven ground outside. Perhaps some units stuck to the outside of the car with sucker devices?
                      small wedges...and freestanding...?

I made a couple of these (quite small ones) for our cooker box with its integrated spirit level....

IMG_20180417_102252.jpg

nothing worse than the oil in the pan just on one side of the pan...

Plastic_Screw_On_Circular_Levels.jpg

Comment

Early in the development of the blue doblo I bought a large remnant of formica from Doblo7 . It did for all the blue doblo and after 5 years or so of languishing in our basement rolled up and having a stain on one edge, on the underside only, from a flood, it is now enough for the black doblo too with careful cutting. It seems a bit more brittle than before especially where it is curled and stained, so i have been cutting and gluing gently. The Evostick says get the bits to be glued together without touching until they are in position. It does not tell you how! I got 3 sheets of polythene. Glue does not really stick to polythene. I cut the formica 1 cm large all round. When the glue was tacky i put the 3 sheets gently on the ply left right and middle overlapping over, then put the tacky formica over and made sure there was overlap all round. Then with an elbow on one side i rolled up the other side and unstuck the middle polythene sheet. Checked, Then rolled it down again and rubbed it in hard with a rolled up towel from middle out. Then lifted up again and pulled out another polythene sheet (robust polythene is easier to unstick than thin) and rubbed that down, then finally the last side.
                        The blo*dy table top had cupped a little again so that has been steamed and weighted, formica will go on that tomorrow to lock it to a crowned shape . I cut out the other large pieces to make the most of the formica but the galley storage unit need finalising, and gluing together first because the Formica will cover the screws that hold the top and it will be harder to amend after . There will then be enough left for one mistake ,as long as it is not the table, and for all the other little bits i might need out of offcuts

Comment

Good luck then with the measuring and sticking ~(and unsticking ) Derek

Comment

Its a good job Ellie is away, I took up the big sewing space laying out the Formica, and am now sitting in Evilstick fumes.

Comment

A cup of tea after getting the formica on the main table.
                              I realised in the night that with my tight tolerances I should test the sliding leaf, with the added thickness of the formica, to see if it still slid in under the tabletop. I had to trim the formica edges, using a stanley knife then a plane, then put it sll together again. Well it did fit but was really tight so before i finally glued on the table arm. I took a sliver off. The table top had straightened again under the weight overnight and now with the formica on it looks flat. Evilstick fumes again.

Comment

Fascinating seeing the project unfold, thanks for sharing Derek.
                                Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X