This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car camping

Camping is unique way to have fun on holidays with friend and family. It is the best way to spend quality time with children and friends as you will have nothing but each other on the camping grounds. If you have an opportunity to go on a Camping car occasion then you should probably take it. Car camping is not like the regular back packing trips where you put everything in your back pack and set off and you are on your own after that. Car camping is an ideal way to spend holiday and you are with family or friends right from the word go. Another thing is you do not have to lug anything and can keep it in your car at all time. Also car camping suits everyone like ids and older people who do not have to walk too far. It can be actually a rewarding experience for people who do not lie to venture out just because they cannot trek those mountains or cross the river in boats.

I used to go car camping on my own back in the old days, about 15 years ago now - in a little rusty Ford Fiesta! I didn't have a dog back then as I was working. I would just put my duvet and pillows on the back seat, tea, water and camping stove in the boot, and a change of underwear and wash cloth for next morning (the days before baby/wash wipes were invented!) I would drive to the coast (usually parking at the far end of the prom at Barmouth. Wales) and just park up, curl up on the back seat and fall asleep listening to the waves...

There was a mobile cafe down that end as well in the summer months, so you could always get a cooked breakfast before setting off back home. I used to love doing that, just to get a bit of solitude. Before the term 'wild camping' was uttered as well! And before they put the 'No Overnight Parking' signs up. And also before they cut off the water flow past the island to the harbour and the whole place silted up and the sea went out and didn't come back!!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
      I used to go car camping on my own back in the old days, about 15 years ago now - in a little rusty Ford Fiesta!
      Those were the days JayJay..........a little rusty Ford Fiesta! and now youv'e gone all posh on me......... having a Kip in your Kip........
      Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
      'Live without regrets'

Comment

Originally posted by bryanmole View Post
        Those were the days JayJay..........a little rusty Ford Fiesta! and now youv'e gone all posh on me......... having a Kip in your Kip........
        Lol! Thinking about it, it was nearer 20 years ago now. My fiesta was so rusty I used to spray the rust once a month with white aerosol paint cans as there was nothing I could do about the rust patches, I did try, but it was a waste of effort... sanded down, put on the rust inhibitor etc, etc... still rusted back again. So in the end, I just sprayed it white once a month instead of cleaning it! LOL! I think the paint was all that was holding the panels together, and every MOT I had to have the sills welded... saying that, it was a good engine, went far and wide in it.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
          Lol! Thinking about it, it was nearer 20 years ago now. My fiesta was so rusty I used to spray the rust once a month with white aerosol paint cans as there was nothing I could do about the rust patches, I did try, but it was a waste of effort... sanded down, put on the rust inhibitor etc, etc... still rusted back again. So in the end, I just sprayed it white once a month instead of cleaning it! LOL! I think the paint was all that was holding the panels together, and every MOT I had to have the sills welded... saying that, it was a good engine, went far and wide in it.
          20 years ago? One nighters. Kid stuff! We started car camping in 1965, 45 years ago in 105E Anglia, two blankets, a double burner gaz stove ( the type you screw the bottle straight on to) a water carrier and a coolbox full of eggs, bacon, bread etc stuffed into the boot of the car and we were away for a fortnight in Devon. We left home at 4am. First stop Stonehenge about 7am. for breakfast. In those days it wasn’t fenced off so we had a walk over there and actually touched the stones. Then on our way, going where we wanted to and stopping where we wanted to. The only problem we had was sometimes getting water, so once or twice we had the cheek to drive into a campsite fill up our water carrier and drive out again.
          I think the hand break left a permanent mark in my back at night. So the next year we progressed to ridge tent.

Comment

Look:

http://www.jcleisure.com/piaggio_porterhome.htm

And more little campers:

Renault twingo:

http://4x4.mforos.com/247643/2972202...o-camping-car/

Mini-Motorhome on 3 wheels:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/for...16136&posts=21

Vw Polo:

http://polomobil.net.tc/

And more:

http://www.furgovw.org/index.php?topic=172708.0