Berlingo front seats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berlingo front seats

I found a post on here from 2011 where someone has "fitted two passenger side front seats from a Berlingo van. They are the type that fold completely flat into tables.
    I had to modify one of the frames to accommodate the seat belt plug on the other side.

It's fantastic, the front seats now fold flat the same height as the rear bench when it's folded down, my bed can literally go from dash to boot."

They are no longer active on here but has anyone else done this to a 2006 Berlingo ? Adapting the seatbelt plug isn't a problem but I can't see how a passenger seat base will fit the drivers side as the mounting place slopes up by the gearbox tunnel

Hi dickandjill I'm in exactly the same boat, I have a 2004 Berlingo and would like the folding seats in the front. I had thought that the van driver seats would fold flat - have you checked that out? I'm going to call some breaker yards today and can let you know.

I particularly want the driver seat to fold flat because my other half is tall and if possible we want to keep one seat in the rear in case we want to give someone a lift - otherwise we would have just swapped out the passenger side.

Regarding the seat base, do you mean the runners? I'm on a Berlingo / partner Fb group and someone on there said they had to swap the runners that matched the new seat as well as the seat itself - not sure if that is helpful?

Could you tell me how to go about adapting the seatbelt plug? or do you know of any videos online? I have zero experience in this, it's my first time camper conversion so any help would be appreciated!

have a good day! Kat.

Comment

Out of curiosity, I am looking to buy a Berlingo/Partner and would be interested to know if it is possible to fit a swivel passenger seat to either vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by fenman View Post
        Out of curiosity, I am looking to buy a Berlingo/Partner and would be interested to know if it is possible to fit a swivel passenger seat to either vehicle.
        Can’t do it on my 2001. There’s a step up into the rear

Comment

A good excuse for a short trip across the channel to get a passenger seat from a French van
          Is the enough clearance between the steering wheel and the backrest for it to fold flat.
          The fold flat seats are fixed to the floor and there is no adjustment.

Pete

Comment