As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It’s taken about a year, and I’m almost finished!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s taken about a year, and I’m almost finished!!!

Hi all,

Around this time last year, I sold my Bongo, and bought another Suzuki Carry van with the intention of converting it into a micro-camper van.

This week, the cupboard faces and matching table arrived from the cabinet maker, and my brother and I installed them on Friday eve.

Now I can cut the seat foam to the final size (they are a bit too big at the moment), and then I can adjust the covers to tidy and tighten them up a bit, then I’m more or less done!

Here are a few photos if you are interested, more at http://www.steamydave.co.uk/index.php?page=32
    Attached Files
    Last edited by steamydave; 15-05-2011, 20:00.
    SteamyDave http://www.steamydave.co.uk/campervan
    "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

VERY professional looking! Nice job!
    Did you work out the layout yourself?
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Very smart job there Dave........well done!!
      Its very rewarding when a plan comes together it may take a while at times but now you can relax and enjoy all your hard work!!

Dabs

Comment

Hi Jim,

The layout is mine - but of course, influenced by other conversions I have seen when trawling the internet.

This certainly isn't the first version - there have been many down the line - from sitting on an upturned milk crate in the back of the van working out what was a good sitting height, to cutting out lumps of metal - the false floor.

It was a slow process of design, bodge, try it with cheap materials, then re-design! In a way, I wish I had a spare van to try some other ideas out!!!

Dabs, yes, you are absolutely right. I have grown weary of hoovering up wood chipping from the carpet and inside the cupboards. Also, loading and unloading things into the van as they were in the way of the next stage.

This weekend - in fact this afternoon, I have finally been able to load up the content, and start to work out where to put everything for the first time in the year. :so happy:It's a bit like moving in to a new home. And the cupboards are new to me, which makes the whole project look new.

I am booked in to a weeks holiday at the end of the month, so will be able to enjoy the whole job.

Of course, there are endless little things still to do, but they can be done at my leisure.

Thanks for the kind comments,
        Dave

Comment

Fantastic! Will watch out for you on the road
          Mary

Comment

Great job Dave.

Looks so cozy and clean.

Time to do some camping and get it dirty!

Comment

Brilliant , now go out and enjoy
              Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

Wow, that is amazing!! I'm all admiration, wish I had even a smidgeon of your skill - mind you I'm quite good at sticking on plasters

Comment

What a fantastic conversion. It looks so professional; i wouldn't have the first idea where to start on a project like this. Now go and enjoy.

Di.

Comment

I agree with all the other comments, it's a fantastic conversion! :so happy:

Comment

WOW!! Thats a good looker!
                      Congrats on a super job,I hope to see it and you sometime.
                      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Humbled!

Hi,

Thank you all very much for your kind words and thoughts.

I can’t take credit for the whole thing. The cupboard faces, top and table were made by a professional cabinet/kitchen maker and his beautiful work has given the van the look I was after.

Also my long suffering brother has helped as lost blood – literally doing the project (well, we both have actually – specially me with a Stanley knife and non conforming lining carpet). His endless endurance, confidence with power tools, and his ability to get into spaces, tighten up things, work things out - that I can’t.

I will certainly be out and about in it soon (other than the daily commute to work). I am heading for North Norfolk at the end of the month for a week, by then I hope to have found a “home” for everything!

Thanks everyone!

Dave

Comment

Nice one
                          Jessie

Comment

Yes Nice One :so happy: now go and enjoy it, happy camping, great job
                            Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                            'Live without regrets'

Comment

Wow what an achievement and the van looks lovely. I am sure you will enjoy.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X