sink and hob

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sink and hob

I want to fit this sink in my Berlingo but i a re registering to a motor caravan when completed can i use this as it says a minimum of 2 burners but i have seen these in vans before?

s-l225.jpg

The gov.uk guidelines seem reasonably clear that you require two burners for re-registering as a campervan (or 'motor caravan' according to m'learned friends). They do qualify the guidance with a sort of satisfy-yourself-on-the-legalities clause, but unless you can find (and understand) the actual legal regulations that's not easy to do.

I wonder whether the other conversions that you've seen were actually re-registered as motor caravans on the V5C registration certificate or if their original 'type' registration was unchanged after 'conversion'?

Comment

Somewhere on this site I read of someone who made a Freedom of Informatuion Request to DVLA, and they admitted one burner was sufficient.

edit: found the post:
      https://community.smallmotorhome.co....-ring-required

Comment

Thanks for the replies think I'll just go with the 9722 to be safe

Comment

Just been checking DVLA requirements it no longer says minimum of 2 burner hob.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...-motorhome.pdf

Comment

The only question I have is do you think there will never be a time when you are in your little camper, making a meal and will think, "if only I had 2 burners!" When I am away by myself, 95% of the time one burner is adequate but just occassionally I need the 2 at the same time.
            Just a thought.
            Jon
            Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori
            https://smallromahome2oldies1largedo...logspot.co.uk/

Comment

never needed 2 burners by the time i mix my curry and rice, its red hot and then put my naan on. i always have a hot meal

Comment

Jimmy. if you park near a pub or café, you shouldn't need any burners!

Comment

I can't remember ever having to use two burners at a time in my VW. It does depend how much (or rather how little) cooking you do, though. If I need rice or pasta, I do them in my Tupperware multi cooker - not really a cooker, just a pot you put the rice or pasta in and add boiling water, lid on tight and leave 20 mins whilst you cook the curry or chilli or whatever to go with it.

Comment

No I don't think I need 2 burners but as I will be re registering as a motor caravan and the guide said minimum of 2 I didn't want to buy a 1 burner then dvla refuse. From what I have read this has now changed.

Comment