Side awning with Amdro on Tepee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side awning with Amdro on Tepee

Apols coz I'm sure this will have been posted before. I've got an Amdro with a rear tailgate tent but would prefer a side awning. Means I can close all doors and get out of side door during the night. Any recommendations please :-)

Hi. I also have a Peugeot Partner Tepee with the Amdro.

I have the OLPro Cubo Breeze which I sometimes use as an alternative to the Amdro Boot Tent. I bought it after seeing the review that Graham has done on this site (link below).

When using the OLPro, I move the cooker from its drawer in the Amdro into the awning.

Ian
    Product review of the inflatable awning OLPro Cubo Breeze

Comment

Thanks Ian. Will take a look

Comment

Looks good. Thinking about going to the motorhome and caravan show next week to see what's there but this is definitely an option. How does the tunnel attach to the van?

Also, while we're chatting, I used the Amdro for the first time last night. However could not get the stove out of the draw. When I attempted to lift it the front came open on the hinge but of course would not fully open while in the draw. Is there a knack to this out something I'm missing?

Comment

Drawer!

Comment

Hi. Sorry for delay in replying, been "offline" for a few days.

I don't attach the tunnel directly but throw the two straps (included with the awning) across the roof and peg down on the other side. I'm thinking of rigging up a way to attach it to the roof bars.

The cooker, as you have discovered, is a very tight fit in the drawer and I had the same problem as you. If you turn the two burner control knobs to 1 or higher when the lid is shut, it effectively lock the lid down. You can then wiggle the cooker upwards using the pan support as a handle. Make sure you turn the burner controls back to "off" when you put the cooker back or your fuel will evaporate.

Comment

Thanks Ian, will try that re the cooker. I'm off to the NEC show this Thursday and hoping I might see a side awning that ticks all the boxes

Comment

You're welcome. Enjoy the show.

Comment

Something like this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292465764123

Comment

Good day at NEC. Couldn't find anything small enough in terms of width. A few ok re high (180cm). Then did more searching online. Cutting a long story short have now ordered an Outdoor Revolution Cayman Mini Air. Hight 180cm width 200cm. Sorted (I hope!). Wide variance in price but got it for £229. Watch this space!

PS got the cooker out by turning the knobs and locking top. Thanks Ian

Comment