As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bed foam for conversion?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bed foam for conversion?

im planning to convert my 52 plate vauxhall combo soon i know what i need to do but unsure of the best place to order bed material and get it cut to the size i want it.
    i need the matress/foam about 5 to 6 inches thick not to soft and not to hard so hoping someone who has done a convesrion can give me some advice
    thanks jason

This isn't foam but I find it perfect in my Kangoo adaptation:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lounge-Single-BROWN-Leather-Beanbag/dp/B001H7NYEO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1308697203&sr=8-3

It's warm, not prone to damp in cold weather, is splashproof and the cover can be wiped clean. It's also very supportive and moulds to body contours.

I was originally looking for firm foam to make cushions for my van - but this is very much more practical. Depending on your needs, it might be worth considering (and if you order via the forum's link, the forum will benefit from a small commission on the sale!).

Comment

that double looks great are they sewn together i dont want it moving when i sleep? not sure i will be able to fit it into my plans as im looking for a matress type of bed. but will keep the option open
      Last edited by welshjason; 22-06-2011, 01:09.

Comment

I bought the single width (600mm). All three panels are stitched together and don't move during use. It also folds into a Z when not in use - this is useful for me when carrying a bulky load.

Comment

Also have them in foam with cotton cover here:
          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SLEEPMASTERS-F...item80109030af

Comment

These look good but I'd be cautious about using anything with a cotton cover in a van. It will absorb moisture and have a tendency to become damp, especially in winter.

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
              These look good but I'd be cautious about using anything with a cotton cover in a van. It will absorb moisture and have a tendency to become damp, especially in winter.
              I never thought about the damp, I must admit, Karen! Leather would be better then. I'm a fairweather camper!! (be nice if we had some this summer!)

Comment

My husband has a boat so this is something we're both very aware of.

The fake leather/vinyl is much better but it can be a bit sweaty in hot weather so a fleece or woolly blanket under a sleeping bag is a good idea. I use my electric blanket beneath my sleeping bag - even though it's not plugged in, it's good to have that extra layer. It's not an issue during cold weather and the polystyrene beads in the beanbag retain some body heat (unlike foam).

Comment

Hi,

I bought my foam from www.efoam.co.uk - cut to size. Fill in the size details, then ask for a quote, and you will then have options as to how hard. I chose High (firm) as that is recommend for camper vans etc.

Dave
                  SteamyDave http://www.steamydave.co.uk/campervan
                  "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Comment

Originally posted by steamydave View Post
                    Hi,

I bought my foam from www.efoam.co.uk - cut to size. Fill in the size details, then ask for a quote, and you will then have options as to how hard. I chose High (firm) as that is recommend for camper vans etc.

Dave
                    cheers dave i will have a look..

Comment

BTW, I bought 10cm foam – comfy for me, but then I am well padded – but heavy!

Dave

Comment

we have a place near us in Stockport called Sherlock Foams! They do all sorts of foams, cut to size, recut if your measurements have been a bit out. They are very good.

Comment

Love their name!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                            we have a place near us in Stockport called Sherlock Foams! They do all sorts of foams, cut to size, recut if your measurements have been a bit out. They are very good.
                            thats a great name

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X