No announcement yet.

A Horizontal Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you can use your Motability Allowance to buy a campervan and just pay the difference over and above what the price is. Then you can use the allowance to run and maintain the vehicle. The problem there, I have found, is finding a smallish one that's automatic!

Comment

Glad you found my earlier 12V powerpack tip of use.

However, technology has progressed since then and, far more efficient, are some of the USB heatpads powered by a simple rechargeable USB powerbank.

Here's a good one complete with 3 temperature levels. They're not easy to find but highly recommended if you can source one due to the very small amount of power they consume either from a leisure battery or USB powerbank: https://www.thewarmingstore.com/brun...tsync-mat.html

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
        Glad you found my earlier 12V powerpack tip of use.

However, technology has progressed since then and, far more efficient, are some of the USB heatpads powered by a simple rechargeable USB powerbank.

Here's a good one complete with 3 temperature levels. They're not easy to find but highly recommended if you can source one due to the very small amount of power they consume either from a leisure battery or USB powerbank: https://www.thewarmingstore.com/brun...tsync-mat.html
        Hi Karen, other than the cost benefit wouldn't an electric blanket still be warmer and bigger than a usb heatpad? I'm thinking of buying the following supply and using an electric blanket. I can certainly see that a pad would draw less so could be used for longer. ALLPOWERS 288Wh/78000mAh Portable Solar Generator Power Inverter Power Station Camping Emergency Power Supply

Comment

Hello and Welcome. I've recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, so I know a little about what you're going through. Happy travels and good for you.
          Last edited by dozydave1963; 26-01-2019, 21:15.

Comment

Originally posted by dozydave1963 View Post
            Hello and Welcome. I've recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, so I know a little about what you're going through. Happy travels and good for you.
            Keep going as well Dave, thanks for your good wishes, we just need to do our best through the hard times and appreciate more the best times.

Comment

I've now bought a 150Wh power station for £80 will try that out and then buy another probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Just2Fish View Post
                Hi Karen, other than the cost benefit wouldn't an electric blanket still be warmer and bigger than a usb heatpad? I'm thinking of buying the following supply and using an electric blanket. I can certainly see that a pad would draw less so could be used for longer. ALLPOWERS 288Wh/78000mAh Portable Solar Generator Power Inverter Power Station Camping Emergency Power Supply
                Yes, it is but these are handy for providing warmth while consuming very little power which can be an issue. These draw so little that they can be left on overnight and if you head out into freezing conditions then you can 'wear' them over a T-shirt and under a fleece or jumper and stay toasty warm while powering them from just a small USB heatpad.

Comment

Keep going as well Dave, thanks for your good wishes, we just need to do our best through the hard times and appreciate more the best times.
                  Well said.

Comment

Hello and Welcome

Comment

Just taken delivery of a "Suaoki 150Wh Solar Power Generator Supply Source Energy Storage Battery Charging" bought from Ebay. I've tested it running an electric blanket and heater that I plan to use on my travels, and my TV, which uses about 65w, that I don't, see the photos. I'm pleased with it so just bought another, for £75. Apparently it will run things that use up to 100wh.

Comment

Looking forward to wild car camping with my new electric blanket, space heater, and batteries for the first time, in north Cornwall this week.

Comment

Looking forward to wild car camping with my new electric blanket, space heater, and batteries for the first time, in north Cornwall this week.
                          Wow you don't hang about! Happy travels

Comment

widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X