Berlingo tailgate interior release?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lukelog
    started a topic Berlingo tailgate interior release?

Berlingo tailgate interior release?

Hi folks,

One thing I'd love to fit to my 04 'lingo is an interior release mechanism to open the rear tailgate.

I won't be refitting the standard plastic trim as I find it big and bulky and so will be fitting a layer of thin carpet with insulation instead. I have tried fitting a metal pushrod to the handle but it's bodgetastic, leaves a metal rod visible to people walking by and more importantly it bends so much that it only works half the time, not good in what could be a safety critical feature.

If anyone has fitted a solution I'd love to see it, it's my next van improvement obsession!

Cheers

L

• Lukelog
    replied
    I've seen that solution before, sadly it doesn't work for my year car as the handle on mine is purely mechanical whereas the later model had the solenoid to open it. I need a mechanical setup to operate the door.

Leave a comment:

• tonyt
    replied
    On my job list too.

I have the switch, the wire, some connectors and levers/prise bars so just waiting for a nice sunny day.

Leave a comment:

• Teloupee
    replied
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=y...NCuQ#kpvalbx=1

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X