This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small storage spaces - worth having?

Well, yes, I think so. The space under my seat/bed is only a few inches tall, and I wondered if it was actually worth having.

Here is a photo – quite useful really (allowing for the fact that there are 3 tins of sardines and a sewing repair kit hidden under the frame on the right as well!).

I recon this forum contains some of the best “packers” in the land.

Dave
    Attached Files
    SteamyDave http://www.steamydave.co.uk/campervan
    "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

i got 6and halinches of spce beneath fit two chair one table one large brolly bag of clothes spare loo rool picnic mat ok it 3ft long 2ft wide and a wash bag ok to get chair out have to lift seat but the rest pull out from the front detachable front panel tommorow may post pics if only very small fasten piece of webbing on the side then use it to put tin of food in then just pull webbing to bring them forward when uneed one will have to take pic of what else i made use off even though it wasnt designed to be used for

Comment

storage

Oh wow, Aging Hippy, that is impressive! Am still eying the various storage spaces on the R20, trying to work out what to pack where. The shelves that run along at head level present me with the greatest challenge. I'm sure they are supposed to be really useful but...!
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I've found that miniature plastic baskets have helped a lot.

The key to packing (I think) is to use the vertical space, so if you have stackable boxed or baskets, you can make more of any space there is. Shelves help in this matter, but being fixed, end up restricting space above and below.

I'll post a photo if that helps explain.

Dave

Comment

as promised piccie
          ps forgot the tow rope

1 seat cushion removed
          2lifted uptwo chairstable brolly bag ofclothes towrope picnic blanket
          3dropeed down removable front cover
          4legs
          5 clip
          Attached Files
          Last edited by AGING HIPPY; 05-07-2011, 13:52.

Comment

Cool - like the front-loading.

Dave

Comment

easy to do use kitchen cabinet plinth legs stick out only about eight of inch with plastic cap on top adjustable for hieght clip tap on to leg stays put hole line up with leg give finger hole to pull on and vent. bed is two boards but can go L shaped JUST ATTACH A LEG TO TOP BOARD TO SUPPORT THE SHORT LEG OF THE L AND USE FRONT SEAT AS BACK RESTS.OOPS CAP ON just need to make sure that you put them in far enough so the top dont stick forwar of the seat hence thepacking on picture 5 which is the clip that hold it in it is hinged in middle so it supports the middle when using double bed

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X