X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

campsites that excepts small vans etc

http://www.breanfarm.co.uk/channel-view.html

i rang up to enquire about staying here and explained my combo doesnt have windows and the nice lady said thats no problem whatsoever as long as it isnt sign written :so happy:

ive passed this campsite many times and will be giving my custom to these. the bigger fussy sites can bugger off

anyone know any other sites that accept vans without windows? perhaps a permanent thread could be made where we can post non fussy campsites

I have just come back from a romaclub meet at Ty Ucha caravan site just before llangollen on the A5. Look it up on google.
    It had a very tatty homemade van conversion there,and the chap that owns the site seems delightfully laid back,so I think you would be OK.
    Its a very pretty site,with great scenery.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Brean

Cracking looking sites,
      And good low rates and facilities,
      When you thinking of going?
      Last edited by chocoholic; 15-07-2011, 23:33.
      If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

word of warning from a local watch how you park if using a awning it a little windy so shelter awning from sea side as tide come in wind comes with it not all the time but just be aware nothing wrong with the site stayed at brean not there earlier in the year at a meeting and it was windy dropped pop top downat night my little van was rocking and only me in it lol

Comment

I like the look of Brean,its seems it might make a good site for a SMH meet?
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

T E O C Have used brean for number of years for meetings they use warren farm where they have been given own section to use halfway between weston and burnham

Comment

The Pencelli Castle Camping park http://www.pencelli-castle.com/ doesn't inspect vehicles and I've been on there in my van prior to fitting my rear windows.

It's a very smart site with first-rate facilities - but it's not cheap at £17.50 (for 2 people) at the motorhome rate with no discount for single occupancy. The best way around this is to ask for a tent pitch in the meadow where you pay per person at £6.25 on winter weekdays but a whopping £11.30 in peak season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                I have just come back from a romaclub meet at Ty Ucha caravan site just before llangollen on the A5. Look it up on google.
                It had a very tatty homemade van conversion there,and the chap that owns the site seems delightfully laid back,so I think you would be OK.
                Its a very pretty site,with great scenery.
                We got back from Wales on Friday and saw a couple of Romas going in the opposite direction - now we know why!
                Mary

Comment

Originally posted by welshjason View Post
                  ...nice lady said that's no problem whatsoever as long as it isn't sign written...
                  So why don't they say so? instead of "...Commercial or converted vehicles are not permitted on the park unless by prior arrangement with the management..." (see http://www.breanfarm.co.uk/downloads...riffs-2011.pdf)

What is wrong with "commercial or converted vehicles"?
                  Or ... what is wrong with "sign written" if it is a camper van?
                  What is there to be arranged?
                  I appreciate you sharing the info with us and the lady being nice to you, but maybe she just liked you

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by bambuko View Post
                    So why don't they say so? instead of "...Commercial or converted vehicles are not permitted on the park unless by prior arrangement with the management..." (see http://www.breanfarm.co.uk/downloads...riffs-2011.pdf)

What is wrong with "commercial or converted vehicles"?
                    Or ... what is wrong with "sign written" if it is a camper van?
                    What is there to be arranged?
                    I appreciate you sharing the info with us and the lady being nice to you, but maybe she just liked you

Chris
                    must be the slow sexy welsh accent of mine

Comment

Originally posted by welshjason View Post
                      must be the slow sexy welsh accent of mine
                      i think most campsites have the same rules regarding commercial vehicles but some are more lax than others. channel view in brean said no problem when i rang but the warren farm campsite a few 100yrds up the road wont allow any campers to bring commercial vehicles onto the site even if its just to unpack
                      like i said i think the majority of sites state no commercials in their small print but its a matter of giving them a ring and seeing if they are strict or not.

Comment

I saw a similar message on the Gosfield Lake site. I emailed them a couple of photos and they replied that it wasn't a problem.

We stayed recently at "low farm" at Waldringfield Suffolk. Again, I emailed in advance and they were fine about it. With camper vans, we have had problems in the past with where a bouts on the field we could be. Think because they are next to the golf course, locals put in complaints and I guess they can loose their licence/permission?

Anyway, this year no problem. We went a couple of weekends ago. The site is on 15acres if I recall. The part of the field we were on must have almost been the size of a football pitch, and yet there were only 3 tents on it. There was a rally on another part, but you would hardly know!

Facilities are basic, couple of showers, an old porta cabin with loos in, but at £10 per pitch (2 adults), it's really good value if you want to be "Camping as it is meant to be" I think their slogan is. Pitch where ever you like when you arrive, the lady running it then comes around in the car and collects the money.

Dave
                        SteamyDave http://www.steamydave.co.uk/campervan
                        "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Comment

Hi Dave

I wouldn't envisage any campsite with the 'no commercial vehicles' policy having any problem with your van - it has rear windows and actually looks like a campervan. The policy generally relates only to vans which look like commercial vehicles externally!

Comment

Hi Karen,
                            Thanks. But I was booking for myself and some friends, so thought I'd check first! It would have been a bit embarrassing if we were turned away after my friends had travelled to see me!

Dave
                            SteamyDave http://www.steamydave.co.uk/campervan
                            "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                              I like the look of Brean,its seems it might make a good site for a SMH meet?
                              i love brean its a lovely area.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X