Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas

HI just joined does anybody have any pictures or ideas for converting a vw sharan into a campervan.
    ​​​​​

Hi there and Hello, can't help with the question but have just moved your post into the section specifically for adapting cars and vans - that way if there are any tips others who might be interested will also see them.

Hope someone has some thoughts.

Comment

depends just how far you want to go with "campervan".?..are you looking to fully convert ..or is it more a case of adapting what you have and be able to use it as a camper and still keeping the vehicle as an MPV.? (ie dual purpose).
      Both can be done of course...the latter being the cheapest.
      I have the same issue with my Toyota Estima..but I prefer the dual purpose.

Comment

Mentioned in this thread, also in some earlier ones if you do a search - https://community.smallmotorhome.co....for-conversion

I was very taken with the Wheelhome conversion that they did on a Galaxy years ago.

Comment

I think the Sharan front seats swivel so if you remove all the other seats then you could use the front seats as part of the bed. That way you'd probably have enough space at the rear for a kitchen - nice thing about that is that access to gas bottle. water containers etc could be via the boot. Have the kitchen as a removable unit and you could easily use the car as a car with all seats in place when you needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by boisdevie View Post
            I think the Sharan front seats swivel so if you remove all the other seats then you could use the front seats as part of the bed. That way you'd probably have enough space at the rear for a kitchen - nice thing about that is that access to gas bottle. water containers etc could be via the boot. Have the kitchen as a removable unit and you could easily use the car as a car with all seats in place when you needed it.
            Interesting..... but is there a completely flat bed after the rear seats have been removed? Some of the vehicles I have looked at that might have made a reasonable microcamper are spoiled by the fact the seat brackets are not flush to the floor. If you then have to raise the level of the floor, that reduces your headroom, otherwise you'll have a very uncomfortable bed!

There seem to be so many ifs and buts to consider when trying to convert a car/MPV to a microcamper, I've decided to hang on to my caravan for a bit longer.

By the way, welcome to the forum Malc and Laura ! Good luck with your conversion.
            Cynthia

Comment

You build bed units to match the seat heights and have storage beneath. You could use custom made boxes with storage inside. Easy peasy.

Comment

widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X