As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peugeot Partner Combi Conversion

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peugeot Partner Combi Conversion

Here's my take on the Partner / Berlingo conversion.

We needed a simple, easily removable 'sleeping platform' to allow us to camp in Scotland in the winter when we are not wild camping (backpacking away from vehicle and roads that is) and when most of the campsites are closed in winter.
    Based on other examples except I needed to be able to fit a big dog in the back while travelling! Back seats are removed. Mostly made from 2 sheets of 15mm softwood ply along with a water resistant fold out sofa bed:

The design holds itself in place for travelling. The existing parcel shelf, along with a section of ply makes a rear facing table. My wife is a landscape artists, so this will likely be used for painting when it's raining!

To convert to bed, re-arrange support frame and slide out bed base:

Back of seat drops down and sofa bed unfolds:

Hi, Welcome to the forum
    Nice tidy job there,
    I have a simular setup in my Doblo,
    Ideal if you want cheap tax, ins and fuel economy,:so happy:
    Where does the dog go when you put the bed down?
    Pete
    If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

I was wondering that as well! Perhaps he sleeps on the front seats?

A very neat job, just the thing and uncomplicated as well. Where does all the back packing stuff go?

Comment

sleeping dog

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome!

Barney hasn't slept in it yet! But if all goes to plan, he sleeps between our legs at the bottom of the bed (on his own mat) just as he does in our tent. He might however end up on the front seats !

In days gone by we had a VW Devon Moonraker in which we managed to sleep us, 4 children and 2 large dogs on overnight stops! It took a lot of juggling with dogs just to get the fridge door open
        Storage space in floor space behind front seats and also limited space under back seat. When backpacking, all our stuff has to fit in our two rucksacks and the dogs panniers (he carries his own stuff), so it will fit in quite a small space anyway

Comment

Hi bobmahon and welcome to the forum. Your idea of the dog carrying his own stuff sounds great. I wonder if I can teach my border terrier to carry her own stuff??!? No, I don't think she'd go for that!!
          Maria

Comment

Originally posted by bobmahon View Post
            Hi,

Thanks for the welcome!

Barney hasn't slept in it yet! But if all goes to plan, he sleeps between our legs at the bottom of the bed (on his own mat) just as he does in our tent. He might however end up on the front seats !
            My friends dogs used to sleep on the front seats, they put cushions in the middle and a folded duvet on top. They had covers over the windscreen so that it didn't get too hot if the sun came out first thing in the morning!

Comment

That seems like a good idea jayjay, I think we might just try that! Mainly because although Barney will fit, it's very annoying in the tent when he gets up at night (as dogs do) and goes round and round in circles before settling down again!
              Re load carrying, mari2chris, the couple of pics attached show the different ways dogs approach loads, first is Barney (flat coat retriever), second is Shirley, friend's border terrier inside rucksack on Skye in June... (hope this isn't too off topic!)
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the photos, Bobmahon. There's no way I'm going to carry my Gwen in a rucksack - she'd have a fit!! Even if I put her in a wheelbarrow for a joke she gets all huffy and jumps out I would much rather she carried some of my stuff occasionally. Can't see it , though.
                Maria

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X