As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ultimate in stealth camping?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ultimate in stealth camping?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMPERVAN-...item2312fc4cfe

Now thats more like it,that really looks comfortable,and a good price.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Fantastic never cease to be amazed it's gorgeousHAPPY DAYS

Comment

This has been adapted quite well and certainly looks tidy. It also follows the same principles that I've used - but to a higher standard as I've deliberately ensured mine doesn't look like a smart camper internally.

However, it doesn't have rear windows so probably wouldn't be accepted onto m/any campsites and I find it hard to believe there's sufficient length for the bed without encroaching into the cab area. There may also be problems insuring it - it's neither a campervan nor a conventional van so I'd be cautious.

A very inspiring, innovative and practical approach though.

Comment

Still think it's a real cutie we all need positive vibes lifes to short and we're living in difficult depressing times so GOOD LUCK with this beautiful invention it's gorgeous :so happy:lots of luv ZOE

Comment

Yes, I wondered about the windows, but I guess that if you are really into stealth camping, you won't be looking to stay on recognised campsites anyway?

I have emailed to ask about the length of the bed, but so far no answer.

Comment

I like this one very much, but it's white! So not very 'stealthy' to my mind. If the whole point of stealthy is to avoid being seen, I think on a moonlit night, you'd definately be visible! LOL!

Lovely vehicle though and a good price.

Comment

Nice looking conversion, but this bed looks only 160cm (5' 3") long ...
                Also - imagine sleeping, with your head just couple of inches away from porta potti
                Another thing that confuses me is the awning - picture shows it being fitted to the side of (another) van, using sliding doors. Berlingo for sale has no side, sliding doors ... ?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                  I like this one very much, but it's white! So not very 'stealthy' to my mind. If the whole point of stealthy is to avoid being seen, I think on a moonlit night, you'd definately be visible! LOL!

Lovely vehicle though and a good price.
                  Actually, white is the best colour for a stealth van. It just looks like a work vehicle rather than a camper and attracts next to no attention at all - and I can speak from experience re this!

My van is white and I've parked it in places I shouldn't where, although it's highly visible, it's hardly noticed

Comment

This is the reply from the seller, with regard to bed length:
                    "The bed I reckon is about the size of a single but the front passenger seat also folds down flat which would give a total length of approx 7ft."

Trouble is, with your feet sticking out under the rather natty blind that blocks off the rear, you wouldn't be quite so invisible, would you?

And with regard to the awning, apparently it is "a universal awning that fits any size, side or rear door"

Not sure he's quite thought all this through - although if it were nearer I would definitely take a look. I'm 5' 7" so might be able to squeeze into the bed.

Sheila
                    Last edited by cesky2000; 24-08-2011, 23:00.

Comment

This sounds like an after-thought to me. If it had all been designed as a whole, then I'm sure he would have included a photo of the full length of the single bed. I suspect the folded passenger seat backrest is probably substantially lower than the rest of the bunk!

I also noticed the awning photographed on a different vehicle. I suspect he's selling off a high-mileage Berlingo and had the idea of doing a conversion to earn some ££ (and nothing wrong in that) but hasn't thought it all through, eg the potential insurance issues and how practical it really is to sleep in. On the face of it and at a quick glance, it appears to be a good job. Looking more closely, and having personally faced this issues he has (or should have), I'm less convinced...

Comment

Thinking about it Karenw, you hit the nail on the head,
                        Great units though,
                        I would have liked to have seen the potty at the other end, towards the rear end ( no pun intended)
                        Would be worth having a look at though,
                        That name of the chap rings a bell with me , but can't put a finger to it yet,
                        pete
                        If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
                          Actually, white is the best colour for a stealth van. It just looks like a work vehicle rather than a camper and attracts next to no attention at all - and I can speak from experience re this!

My van is white and I've parked it in places I shouldn't where, although it's highly visible, it's hardly noticed
                          I stand corrected, Karen! I always thought that the darker they were, the better! I learn something every day!!

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post

Just get some magnetic signs, Natural England, Forestry Commision, National Trust, Heathland Management, Covert Surveillance Unit etc, use as appropriate
                            Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

Originally posted by Derek View Post
                              Just get some magnetic signs, Natural England, Forestry Commision, National Trust, Heathland Management, Covert Surveillance Unit etc, use as appropriate
                              :so happy: I love it!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X