As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patsy's first camping trip

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patsy's first camping trip

Hello

We finally managed our first camping trip in our K2 Base Camp, Patsy

She far exceeded our expectations and we had plenty of room with the camper and our Khyam awning. Our Duvalays kept us comfortable and cosy and we also had an opportunity to try out our collapsing kettle. :so happy:

Inevitably there are things we would do differently next time but we really can't believe what a fantastic time we had in our little camper.

Thanks to those on this site - reading your stories gave us the kick we needed to get organised and book a site.

My photos are too large to upload here but if you're interested can be seen on Facebook (you don't have to be a member to view) http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...ddcb2cd&type=1

Hope I'm not breaking the rules posting this link.

Nice pictures, you look very cosy. Love the kettle!
    Mary

Comment

Lovely to see Patsy in use. It's surprising just how much you can squeeze into tiny vehicles. Who needs a huge multi-roomed RV when you can enjoy fun times in Patsy!

Comment

Great pics. Intrigued by the folding kettle! Tell us more!

Comment

Does all look great .... I like the cooker (is it a folder?) and they're really nice photos too.
          Are you off again soon?

All the best
          Andyvan

Comment

Thanks for your comments, glad you like the pics.

You can find out more about the kettle here
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D3zKfPTzDU
            We bought ours from the The Glam Camping Company online. We love camping gadgets and this has to be one of our favourites

We'd like to bring Patsy to a meet in the future and hopefully meet you and your vans.

Amanda

Comment

WoW great in a little un is fun:so happy:
              Gotta be fairly tidy though, but you don't have to reach far for anything,
              Other than trying to remember where you put it
              My Fiat doblo "Flying Brick" is the same size,
              Enjoy
              If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

Originally posted by andyvan View Post
                Does all look great .... I like the cooker (is it a folder?) and they're really nice photos too.
                Are you off again soon?

All the best
                Andyvan

Thanks Andyvan, it's a Coleman Fold n Go stove.

No plans yet. I think we'll keep an eye on the weather and go on the spur of the moment. That's what we did this weekend and we thoroughly enjoyed the spontoneity.

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by chocoholic View Post
                  WoW great in a little un is fun:so happy:
                  My Fiat doblo "Flying Brick" is the same size,
                  Enjoy
                  Thanks Chocoholic and also for your tips on another thread. We took the chocks and remembered to leave the windows open to avoid a headache.

Comment

Yaa!
                    Good on you guys, enjoy:so happy:
                    If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

Liked the pictures But I have to say....if you reckon in the penultimate photo that Patsy needed tidying up, I am definitely not letting you look at my van - that looks pretty well organised to me!

Originally posted by chocoholic View Post
                      I'll second that - I can't believe how easily I can lose things in such a small vehicle
                      Neil

Comment

Originally posted by RMandnRAllie View Post
                        Hello

We finally managed our first camping trip in our K2 Base Camp, Patsy

She far exceeded our expectations and we had plenty of room with the camper and our Khyam awning. Our Duvalays kept us comfortable and cosy and we also had an opportunity to try out our collapsing kettle. :so happy:

Inevitably there are things we would do differently next time but we really can't believe what a fantastic time we had in our little camper.

Thanks to those on this site - reading your stories gave us the kick we needed to get organised and book a site.

My photos are too large to upload here but if you're interested can be seen on Facebook (you don't have to be a member to view) http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...ddcb2cd&type=1

Hope I'm not breaking the rules posting this link.

hi nice set up you have and the awning looks really nice what make is it and is there a sewn in groundsheet? thanks jason

Comment

Hi, the best thing about your van is the big smile on allie`s face,you have obviously got it right.well done,I look forward to seeing you at a meet.
                          Ian
                          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by welshjason View Post
                            hi nice set up you have and the awning looks really nice what make is it and is there a sewn in groundsheet? thanks jason
                            Hi Jason
                            It's a Khyam Driveaway Compact 200. It doesn't have a sewn in groundsheet but Khyam do a Driveaway Sleeper, I wonder if this might have one.

Comment

Originally posted by 1_man_and_his_dob(lo) View Post
                              Liked the pictures But I have to say....if you reckon in the penultimate photo that Patsy needed tidying up, I am definitely not letting you look at my van - that looks pretty well organised to me!

I'll second that - I can't believe how easily I can lose things in such a small vehicle

Patsy may look tidy but you can't see the state of the awning which was packed with all sorts of things!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X