As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heaters and heating

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither am I any sort of expert on diesel heaters - it's just that whereas you read numerous posts about the Eberspatcher locking up in an undervoltage start-up attempt.
    I haven't yet read of this happening to a Webasto one, though - not to say it can't happen, though!!

Ant could probably contribute quite a bit to this subject, as it seems the most popular type fitted into Romahomes seems to be the Eberspacher, and he has more knowledge about them than most people.

Maybe it's just that I like to be different !!

Mike

Comment

Well last night here at Knaresborough it went down to -1.6c outside but a cosy 20c inside the van with 2kw blown air heating on ehu!!! We are on holiday and want to enjoy it!!!
      Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
        Well last night here at Knaresborough it went down to -1.6c outside but a cosy 20c inside the van with 2kw blown air heating on ehu!!! We are on holiday and want to enjoy it!!!
        so all is well...as long as you don't want a shower in your awning

The blown air heating - from a portable jobbie?

Have fun. X
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Shower in the luxury facility block with underfloor heating and hot water on demand!! The blown air heating is built in truma system, runs off ehu if available and gas if not. We are not really going to wild camp in a 23ft caravan so ehu is usually the norm for us if it's available. We like our creature comforts and can always blame the need for them on Evie , we can't have her going cold can we???
          Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Sounds good to me Glen, enjoy your holiday.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

WE have an eberspacher that does water and air - it is the bees knees in the cold weather. Our exhaust does not point to the ground but comes out at an angle, as the pipe is flexible you should be able to bend it to the right place, check that the mounting strap for the exhaust behind the rear wheel is not broken as this would allow the pipe to point in a different direction. For all those who have ebespachers mounted under the floor check that the rubber mountings are not beginning to fail. I had to repair ours last year. Ant recommends putting a large tie wrap round the whole thing as a safety net.

Hook up cable - mine is lime green., I dont think they would bother what colour your cable is abroad, I have seen some very suspect electrical connections on French campsites and as far as I am aware no one ever checks them. You often see huge coils of cable stuffed under vans and if people listened to advice or understood basic electricity they would not do that. They dont seem to bother about water and electricty and water. We have just come back from Paris and the electricty distribution board was next to the water tap and people let their cables run across the drain!!!

Peter

Comment

Outside Distribution Point

Peter.... have a look at this was on a site we stopped at on the North coast of Scotland I did not take a photo of the toilets which were disgusting but I spotted this as we drove away.The box was open and no lid just as you see in the photo. When we got home I rang the site and told him I was to report him for what we had seen.

Alf
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
                  I used the EHU with my 500W DeLonghi Bambino oil filled radiator (http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Bam...0171610&sr=8-2 which heated up quickly and, on the anti-frost setting, kept the van warm overnight even with my vent opened slightly for fresh air.

I don't often use campsites but when I have, the usual EHU has been 16amp. A few have been lower but these are very few and far between. At most I'd use the 500w radiator, 1kw mini oven, 40w notebook and electric blanket.
                  ----------------------------------
                  Well, Karen, I have taken the plunge and invested in one of these Bambino heaters for my R20.

Now should be as snug as a bug!

BTW do most people leave the roof up or put it down when winter camping?

Obvious advantages to both...and yes, I have camped under canvas when there has been a hard frost on the ground. We hauled the then toddler into bed with us to use as a hot water bottle!!!

Comment

Enjoy it.

Re the roof, I rarely raised the roof in my Roo but always kept a side window open for ventilation. Now I no longer have an elevating roof but I keep my roof vent at least partially opened whatever the weather to keep a flow of air passing through and have a solar-powered extractor fan at the rear.

Comment

Here it is! They are quite expensive, but you'll never have to buy another. My sis bought a mini rad for her caravan from B&Q at approx half the price, but it doesn't kick the heat out my Bambino does. And very small. I either put it by the back door to one side, or up on the cooker top if I'm not using the cooker, out of the way. It doesn't weigh very much but is a great way of warming a caravan on EHU.
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Bambino

Comment

Have been trying the Bambino radiator out in the lounge, where it often feels cold compared to the other rooms (time to get the radiators bled again, maybe even replaced with new ones perhaps).

Anyway, that little heater certainly blasts out some heat! Might have to choose between the old thermals or the heater come next camping trip!!
                        Last edited by NomadSue; 20-11-2011, 22:06.

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
                          Have been trying the Bambino radiator out in the lounge, where it often feels cold compared to the other rooms (time to get the radiators bled again, maybe even replaced with new ones perhaps).

Anyway, that little heater certainly blasts out some heat! Might have to choose between the old thermals or the heater come next camping trip!!
                          I usually have to turn mine down in the van, even on very cold nights as it gets too warm! And that's with the canvas pop top roof up.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                            I usually have to turn mine down in the van, even on very cold nights as it gets too warm! And that's with the canvas pop top roof up.
                            In that case, for comfort when moving around inside the van, I'll experiment with the top up plus using the radiator, first. Thanks, Jayjay.

Comment

Need one!

Originally posted by karenw View Post
                              It's one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Bam...0338154&sr=8-6

I've given it a 5-star review - please feel free to give me (KL Wren) a 'helpful' vote!!
                              Yep - helpful review!

Comment

can somebody please advise on the best portable burner heater, something with an exhaust outlet hose which can be put out a window/door/etc and which can be moved from vehicle to vehicle with ease ? thanks,

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X