As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heaters and heating

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cedas
    replied
    I think I'll wait till I get to "civilisation" - there is a Dunelm Mill nearby - just hope the price doesn't change much. Have had some negative experiences with poorly packaged goods ordered over the internet. Some companies have returns policies which are extremely inconvenient to say the least - and you have to wait ages for replacement or refund.

One brilliant exception Excellent customer service from wacky practicals- I ordered a collapsible bucket for my romahome from

http://wackypracticals.com/?gclid=CK...FYl9fAodUkAu9Q

Expensive but very practical. Anyway it arrived rather distorted to say the least - I photographed damged bucket, emailed them the pics. They were very apologetic and sent out another immediately - I didn't even have to both with the hassle of sending the damaged one back. I am pleased as punch with my bucket - takes up very little space when folded - it is for my waste water - at such times when I park somewhere I cannot just let it run into the ground.

Leave a comment:

• AGING HIPPY
    replied
    Originally posted by cedas View Post
    I'll be looking for one next time I am near so called civilisation
    you could get it delivered for £3-95 http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/juni...adiator-194353 now only £14 39 ok just had quick browse think delivery is right ok it take a bit longer to get to you

more about it here

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...ghlight=dunelm
    Last edited by AGING HIPPY; 22-01-2012, 23:17.

Leave a comment:

• cedas
    replied
    I'll be looking for one next time I am near so called civilisation

Leave a comment:

• GeeCee
    replied
    Originally posted by cedas View Post
    Having read mnay posts on heating - am considering buying a mini oil filled radiator for those times when I might be on EHU but those of you who use them regularly - where do you stack it when travelling?
    Hi! We simply stand ours directly behind the front seats, in the centre, where they've put the toilet on the New R20. Easily moved when you stop for a teabreak. And they really do work well. Graham and Carole

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    Originally posted by chris667 View Post
    I don't think there is one with an outlet you can poke out of your window.

I'd be worried about the space taken up and safety of such an item.

Sorry to sound negative.
    Even if there is one with an outlet that you can poke out of a window wouldn't the open window let the cold in.

Leave a comment:

• cedas
    replied
    Having read mnay posts on heating - am considering buying a mini oil filled radiator for those times when I might be on EHU but those of you who use them regularly - where do you stack it when travelling?

Leave a comment:

• karenw
    replied
    I agree with Chris667 and very much doubt that such a product exists.

I can only magine the impracticalities of dealing with the fuel supply (gas or diesel) and exhaust hoses of such a contraption...

Leave a comment:

• chris667
    replied
    I don't think there is one with an outlet you can poke out of your window.

I'd be worried about the space taken up and safety of such an item.

Sorry to sound negative.

Leave a comment:

• RomaDenizen
    replied
    can somebody please advise on the best portable burner heater, something with an exhaust outlet hose which can be put out a window/door/etc and which can be moved from vehicle to vehicle with ease ? thanks,

Leave a comment:

• jolmartyn
    replied
    Need one!

Originally posted by karenw View Post
    It's one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Bam...0338154&sr=8-6

I've given it a 5-star review - please feel free to give me (KL Wren) a 'helpful' vote!!
    Yep - helpful review!

Leave a comment:

• NomadSue
    replied
    Originally posted by jayjay View Post
    I usually have to turn mine down in the van, even on very cold nights as it gets too warm! And that's with the canvas pop top roof up.
    In that case, for comfort when moving around inside the van, I'll experiment with the top up plus using the radiator, first. Thanks, Jayjay.

Leave a comment:

• jayjay
    replied
    Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
    Have been trying the Bambino radiator out in the lounge, where it often feels cold compared to the other rooms (time to get the radiators bled again, maybe even replaced with new ones perhaps).

Anyway, that little heater certainly blasts out some heat! Might have to choose between the old thermals or the heater come next camping trip!!
    I usually have to turn mine down in the van, even on very cold nights as it gets too warm! And that's with the canvas pop top roof up.

Leave a comment:

• NomadSue
    replied
    Have been trying the Bambino radiator out in the lounge, where it often feels cold compared to the other rooms (time to get the radiators bled again, maybe even replaced with new ones perhaps).

Anyway, that little heater certainly blasts out some heat! Might have to choose between the old thermals or the heater come next camping trip!!
    Last edited by NomadSue; 20-11-2011, 22:06.

Leave a comment:

• jayjay
    replied
    Here it is! They are quite expensive, but you'll never have to buy another. My sis bought a mini rad for her caravan from B&Q at approx half the price, but it doesn't kick the heat out my Bambino does. And very small. I either put it by the back door to one side, or up on the cooker top if I'm not using the cooker, out of the way. It doesn't weigh very much but is a great way of warming a caravan on EHU.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Bambino

Leave a comment:

• karenw
    replied
    Enjoy it.

Re the roof, I rarely raised the roof in my Roo but always kept a side window open for ventilation. Now I no longer have an elevating roof but I keep my roof vent at least partially opened whatever the weather to keep a flow of air passing through and have a solar-powered extractor fan at the rear.

Leave a comment:

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X