As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse

FAO MARTIN GERRISH

If Martin Gerrish is reading the forum can you check your email and reply to [email protected]

Thanks
Graham
See more
See less

Citroen Dispatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citroen Dispatch

I saw a Citroen Dispatch van yesterday, not a van I'm familiar with, and the ones I have seen previously have been vans with no rear windows. However the one I saw yesterday was more like an MPV. An interesting arrangement of seating as it's a 6 seater: driver and 2 front passengers and a row of 3 seats in the rear, so plenty of room behind those for a boot jump in the back if you wanted to maintain the passenger seating for use as an everyday vehicle.

I've just had a look at one on the AA site and it looks as though the rear seats would unclip easily enough to make a bigger area for turning into a camper. Unfortunately there's still an intrusion into the rear space by wheel arches, though they're not nearly as bulky, wide or high as the ones in the Sharan, which really limit the space available for fitting out for camping.

Anyone seen one in action as a camper?
    Cynthia

Our Romahome R30 is on the Citroen dispatch CyberCynth . It's quite a wide van. Romahome manage to get a lot in the back but the front seats are replaced with two swivel seats and with two replacement rear seats make up the beds. Behind them on one side is the natty pull out wardrobe and the bathroom and on the other the kitchen. Have you seen Graham's review of his R30?

Comment

Which model Dispatch CyberCynth ?

Stimson Tyrol was a conversion of a first generation van.
      Doblo7 has a second generation Fiat Scudo conversion.
      Romahomes latest offering (the Génération) was based on the third generation Citroen Dispatch

More info on the history and variants here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citro%C3%ABn_Jumpy

Isn't your Romahome R30 built on the Citroen Relay Lucy's mum ?

Comment

Oh, sorry of course it is. Thanks Misted

Comment

Lucy's mum, I beg to differ the R30 is built on the Citroen Relay.

Citroen Dispatch and the equivalent Peugeot people carriers are often used as Taxis, the company selling them promotes it as a Eurotaxi. You will now find a Vauxhall badged version and a Toyota badged one too.

The Romahome R40 coachbuilt is based on a Dispatch platform cab.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Misted View Post
            Which model Dispatch CyberCynth ?

Stimson Tyrol was a conversion of a first generation van.
            Doblo7 has a second generation Fiat Scudo conversion.
            Romahomes latest offering (the Génération) was based on the third generation Citroen Dispatch

More info on the history and variants here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citro%C3%ABn_Jumpy

Isn't your Romahome R30 built on the Citroen Relay Lucy's mum ?
            The van I saw on the AA site didn't specify a particular model variant so I can't answer that question.

Are you saying that the Fiat Scudo is a clone of the Dispatch? I wonder if Doblo7 has some photos of his conversion to how us then? I believe he did his own conversion.

Lucy's mum Sounds as though there's a lot going on in your R30, I assume you have a lifting roof then? The bed is obviously a double... I would only want a single, I don't see taking up more space than you need to!

Anyway as soon as professional converters start on a vehicle the cost goes through the (lifting) roof. I shan't be swapping my Sharan for anything else any time soon, I saw this Dispatch, and was just curious about it as I hadn't seen one in MPV mode before.
            Cynthia

Comment

Hi CyberCynth my Nu Rio is built on the Citroen Dispatch. Mine is 2016 so has the long nose, the newer ones are bit squarer at the front.
              I find it very easy to drive, as only just a bit higher than my car, also handbrake is more manageable than the one on the Relay.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post
                Are you saying that the Fiat Scudo is a clone of the Dispatch? I wonder if Doblo7 has some photos of his conversion to how us then? I believe he did his own conversion.
                I saw this Dispatch, and was just curious about it as I hadn't seen one in MPV mode before.
                Cynthia
                Yes the Dispatch, Scudo, Peugeot Expert and in the 2nd iteration the Toyota Proace were all made in the Sevel Nord factory a joint venture between PSA (Peugot/Citroen) and Fiat. All basically the same but with different badges, trim etc. The second generation models came in 2007 and were available until replaced in 2015.

In December 2015, the Citroën, Peugeot and Toyota 3rd generation were offered as MPVs Citroën SpaceTourer, Peugeot Traveller, andToyota ProAce. The van versions came a bit later.

Fiat had dropped out of this joint venture and now sell the Talento a version of the Renault Trafic.

To add to the remix PSA bought Opel who own Vauxhall so the new Vivaro is also a rebadged PSA Dispatch. The link in my previous post has images of most of these variants and more info.

Doblo7’s very professional (IMHO) conversion of a second generation Scudo van is at:
                https://community.smallmotorhome.co....udo-conversion

Comment

Not connected to the topic but we have the option of two singles or a double CyberCynth .

Comment

Thanks folks for your input.

You learn something new every day! I'd never heard of Sevel Nord and neither had I heard of the Citroen Jumpy! Where on earth did that name come from?!

Anyway, Misted , going by the dates of manufacture the Dispatch I saw in town must have been a second generation model. Being nosy, and peering in the back window as I was passing it looks as though someone is already using it as a basic camper as it had a bed in the back. The dark glass windows in modern MPVs protects you from inquisitive eyes from a distance, but you can still see inside if you're up close, which is why I have curtains hanging at my back windows.

Doblo7's conversion is very professional looking.

Clarina I assume, then, that it's a proper handbrake lever, not one of these electrical things! I've only ever had those when using a courtesy car, and I've never felt I could entirely trust them! I thought it was an issue to do with my age, but my daughter says she doesn't like them either.
                    Cynthia

Comment

The Dispatch and the Expert have PSA engines and the Scudo has the Fiat engine, The PSA engines are much better all rounders, The handbrake is on the righthand side of the drivers seat (next to the door) and is a proper handbrake

Comment

We agree with Clarina that the Relay handbrake is a pain. I have long arms and can reach it but OH struggles.

Comment

The handbrake on the R30 Lucy's mum was one of the main reasons we changed it to the Nu Rio. Also I struggled holding clutch in, and dropping handbrake on hill starts!
                          As I was the only driver by then, my late husband Jim no longer able to drive, I felt a lot happier!
                          It was a good move as I still have the Nu Rio now on my own.

Comment

The Nu Rio was our 2nd choice Clarina . We were on our way to see one which the dealer said he would keep for us but his wife sold it (he said). I love the side door model.

Sorry,. Bit off topic CyberCynth

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy's mum View Post
                              The Nu Rio was our 2nd choice Clarina . We were on our way to see one which the dealer said he would keep for us but his wife sold it (he said). I love the side door model.

Sorry,. Bit off topic CyberCynth
                              Don't worry Lucy's mum ! I always enjoy reading comparisons about different types of camper and why people prefer one model over another. The handbrake is not something you'd imagine would be an issue really! but useful information for some who might be considering either the R30 or the Nu Rio. Personally, if I had the funds I think I'd prefer the Nu Rio!
                              Cynthia

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X