This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15 micro camper

Hi everyone, I'm new here. My fiance and I have just been on a 90 day trip around northern Europe in our Citroen c15d stealth camper. I've started a blog about the conversion, and will follow up with details of the highs and lows of our journey for anyone who's interested. http://edwardslasthurrah.blogspot.com/

Looking forward to participating on smallmotorhome.co.uk

Andy

Welcome!

You don't need to spend a fortune to adapt a vehicle for stealth camping. I did something similar with a Kangoo and stealth-camped for 8 years until trading it in for a Romahome just 2 weeks ago.

Yours looks quite comfy but with two people sleeping in the rear, I would suggest you fit a roof vent or it could become very hot and stuffy, especially in the summer and is likely to be very uncomfortable. I fit a Fiamma 280mm vent into my Kangoo and, although small, it made a huge difference.

Details at www.vagavalley.co.uk/ikangoocamping if you're interested....

I look forward to following your travels.

Comment

I've subscribed to your blog and look forward to reading your updates.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum! Look forward to reading your blog too!

Comment

Hi andybiff and welcome to the forum. It's a really friendly, helpful and knowledgeable place as I'm sure you're finding out.
          Looking forward to reading your blog; hope to see you at one of 2012's many meets.

Di.

Comment

Hi Andybiff, love the wallpaper!! I had a c15 van for 10 years which I used for business but never slept in it, but I always thought it looked doable, as you've proved!

derek b and Babs
            derek b and Babs

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
              Welcome!

You don't need to spend a fortune to adapt a vehicle for stealth camping. I did something similar with a Kangoo and stealth-camped for 8 years until trading it in for a Romahome just 2 weeks ago.

Yours looks quite comfy but with two people sleeping in the rear, I would suggest you fit a roof vent or it could become very hot and stuffy, especially in the summer and is likely to be very uncomfortable. I fit a Fiamma 280mm vent into my Kangoo and, although small, it made a huge difference.

Details at www.vagavalley.co.uk/ikangoocamping if you're interested....

I look forward to following your travels.

We never had any real problem with not having air vents. I would open all the dash vents and try to face the breeze where possible. And I removed the bottom seal from the rear doors most nights to let a little fresh in the back (where our heads were). It worked well. In Sweden it got down to -8 so we had some condensation but it was no worse than some student flats I've lived in.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X