As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stolen Campervan (not mine thank goodness)

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen Campervan (not mine thank goodness)

Hi everybody,

There is a posting on the Suzuki Carry Van forum that a converted Carry Van has been stolen so please keep an eye out for any information. The owner has spent a lot of time converting it, and as he says, he doesn't want a replacement or the insurance money - he just wants his campervan back.

He had the brain wave of putting a message up on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISA...E:B:SS:GB:1123 and has also posted the details of the theft on the "Taken Without Consent" website http://www.twoc.co.uk/view_rec.htm?id=1028

Let's hope he can get the van back in reasonable condition.

Dave
    SteamyDave http://www.steamydave.co.uk/campervan
    "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Good idea of yours to share the info, I'm local to the owner so will definately keep an eye out for it whilst I'm out and about.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Thanks for letting us know about this Dave, if every forum member of every forum keeps an eye out for it the owner may get it back.

In the words of the late Shaw Taylor on Police 5, "keep 'em peeled".
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Grrr! After all your hard work.

BTW, I don't know if it is just for me, but no picture appeared on the EBay posting.

I do hope you get it back.

Hmm. Perhaps we should all put some identifying stickers / registration number on the roofs of our vans, on the off chance that the police helicopters are out?
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

It is just horrible though when your car is stolen/broken into.... It really feels like a violation, I had a vauxhill nova once and people just kept breaking into it, once just to nick the head rests! Even if you get it back it never feels the same.

Yet I just know that is nothing to people that have their homes burgled....

Trouble is you just know that the theives will never be caught!!

Comment

Stolen

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
            It is just horrible though when your car is stolen/broken into.... It really feels like a violation, I had a vauxhill nova once and people just kept breaking into it, once just to nick the head rests! Even if you get it back it never feels the same.

Yet I just know that is nothing to people that have their homes burgled....

Trouble is you just know that the theives will never be caught!!
            Many years ago my husband and I parked car in a car park and went to the cinema. On arrival back at the car park no car. It was fou d 2 days later parked in the car park of a police station. Don't know how long it took for the police to notice it? Pam

Comment

Will keep an eye out down south. Sickening, like the scrotes who broke into my garage last night! Going to set up a few surprises for them next time.

Tony Anchorman

Comment

I had a similar incident when I was working. I had seen a car in one of our car parks which had no pay & display tkt. It had been issued 3 pcn's by other parking enforcement officers so I rang the police to ask if there was anything known on the vehicle. The police rang me back after a few minutes to say that the car had been reported stolen , from the same car park several days before ! It eventually transpired that the owner thought he had parked on level 1 but obviously hadnt, because his car was on level 3 and he hadnt bothered to check the car park before reporting it stolen. So , he had 3 parking tkts to pay but was apparantly quite pleased that he had his car back in one piece ! :so happy:

Comment

I nearly did the same thing, reporting my car as stolen when parked in the centre of Birmingham, in the days when you could park on the road. Fortunately, I remembered just in time that I'd driven my mum's car on that day and not my own. Saved a lot of embarrassment on my part!!

Di.

Comment

I had a similar experience many years ago, my ex-wife had parked the car outside the house, later when I was due to go out the car wasn't there I report to the police it had been stolen they told me that the car was used in a burgarly down the road from us

Comment

Good News

Good news - well partly - news today that the stolen converted Carry Van has been found by the police.

The owner says that the locks have been damaged, and the contents of the van have gone, but at least he has his beloved van back.:so happy:

It was found by a police car with a Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) camera system on board. Technology working at its best! Doubt it would have been found in the old days.

Dave

Comment

That is good news, I've lost count of the number of little vans I've seen tucked down cul-de-sacs and parked on quiet streets and I've checked all of them for the reg. no. of the stolen one! I was getting quite good at spotting them :so happy:
                        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by anchorman View Post
                            Will keep an eye out down south. Sickening, like the scrotes who broke into my garage last night! Going to set up a few surprises for them next time.

Tony Anchorman
                            You might want to rethink this one!

In the event that crew from the emergency services need to gain entry (for example if there's a fire and they need to check that no persons are inside) and they encounter what may be later determined to be devices/traps designed to ensnare/injure people, you may find yourself facing a term of imprisonment!

Comment

Where did I say violence was involved?
                              My surprises are the fact that I have now bolted everything down, bike, ladders, steps etc.,
                              Also fitted 4 phosphor boron locks and hasps to the up and over door, re-inforced the top of the door where they crowbar it open. Removed all tools.
                              Can I get done for that?

Tony Anchorman

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X