As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice Please

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice Please

Hello everyone.I own a `98 1.9 td sw T4 fsh 97k.It is part converted with a hi top roof .It still requires kitchen units and the side windows could do with being replaced and bubble rust is starting to appear but it is so reliable.
    Anyway I only use it for going to work and visiting my mother in her care home which is an over 300 mile round trip.Due to occasional health needs I need a vehicle which is private when I need the porta potti I think I should downsize.I considered having the hi top roof replaced with a flat top if that was possible so that that the van is less obvious and more stealth like but this would be expensive if indeed possible.I am thinking of a Berlingo,Doblo or Kangoo.I could only afford up to 3k.Or should I keep the van that I know of its history?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
    Last edited by dmac; 20-02-2012, 12:07. Reason: not finished

Originally posted by dmac View Post
    Hello everyone.I own a `98 1.9 td sw T4 fsh 97k.It is part converted with a hi top roof .It still requires kitchen units and the side windows could do with being replaced and bubble rust is starting to appear but it is so reliable.
    Anyway I only use it for going to work and visiting my mother in her care home which is an over 300 mile round trip.Due to occasional health needs I need a vehicle which is private when I need the porta potti I think I should downsize.I considered having the hi top roof replaced with a flat top if that was possible so that that the van is less obvious and more stealth like but this would be expensive if indeed possible.I am thinking of a Berlingo,Doblo or Kangoo.I could only afford up to 3k.Or should I keep the van that I know of its history?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
    VW`s are great until the rust worm starts to bite,then they need serious money thrown at them.I know it happened to mine. its time to move on.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

A Kangoo would be a good move and you can easily use a Porta Potti (incl large size) in one of these.

My old van is still on the market with FSH, 100% reliable, and no problems apart from some corrosion in the near-side sill. It's been examined by a Renault expert and MOT examiner, it wouldn't fail an MOT and would cost £200 to be cut out and a new panel welded in.

It's well within your budget, now has proper cushions (not shown in pic) and, let's just say, it would be well-worth negotiating if you were interested in it: http://www.knightmotorcaravans.co.uk...65&ItemID=6177

There's a solar fan at the rear, beneath which you could use a Camping Gaz hob if you decided to camp in it along with an almost 7' long, 60cm wide bunk.

If you were interested, I can provide a full background on the van having owned it for +7 years. The only reason I didn't keep it was because I couldn't afford to tax and insure 2 vehicles, but I have missed it...

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X