As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My ongoing Citroen Dispatch conversion

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ongoing Citroen Dispatch conversion

I have posted some pictures of my in van in my album as I have had a busy couple of days on the van, I have managed to insulate and carpet the plywood using bubble foil and kinspan, fit some vinyl flooring, fitted the rock and roll bed and the ply bases and made a start on the furniture.

The furniture is mainly home made with exception to the main cupboard opposite the door as this was purchased from a breakers along with the cushion set but has been modified to suit. I also purchased a rear headlining and sliding window from a taxi, the headlining made covering the roof so much easier after first insulating it.
    Last edited by Driver155; 05-05-2012, 21:41.

Wow, that's coming along nicely!

Comment

You've made a lot of progress very quickly. Well done - and I look forward to the next batch of piccies!

Comment

Looking good!
        derek b and Babs

Comment

Great stuff – I love how these conversions “grow” and start to take on their own presence.

Keep sending the photos.

Wish I had the money to do another one now!

Dave
          SteamyDave http://www.steamydave.co.uk/campervan
          "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Comment

Photos

Probably obvious, but new to the site: how do you access the photos you mentioned from the post? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Diggaboy View Post
              Probably obvious, but new to the site: how do you access the photos you mentioned from the post? Thanks
              Hi Diggaboy

Welcome to the forum. If you want to access photos in an album click on the persons username and you can see their album in their profile.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

i'm doing that too....

hey all

i've just bought a Citroen Dispatch, and am going to convert it into a mini camper for me, hubby and the dogs...would love to see the pics but i don't have the rights when i click on your user name...boo

anyway i've started a blog about my adventure...http://citroendispatchcampervanconve...logspot.co.uk/

feel free to read, follow and comment! i'm hoping to get the conversion done in the next month or so, ready for the amazing september weather i've booked in with him upstairs ;-)

naomi
                x

Comment

Originally posted by stegnome View Post
                  hey all

i've just bought a Citroen Dispatch, and am going to convert it into a mini camper for me, hubby and the dogs...would love to see the pics but i don't have the rights when i click on your user name...boo
                  Hi Naomi

You should be able to click on the username and view pics now, I have made you a full registered member, we have to vet new members first to make sure they aren't here to post spam.

Enjoy the forum.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Love the blog, Naomi. Good luck with the project.

The insurance thing annoys me - must have running water - I (and others I know) don't use the running water in our caravans/campers so it's a waste of space and money putting it in.

Also the gas hob - I use EHU a lot of the time so have a mini oven, electric kettle and hob, for the number of times I camp without EHU a little gas camping stove that runs on cartridges would be plenty sufficient (although, as it is there, I do use the gas hob in the caravan when not on EHU, but I wouldn't miss it if it wasn't there).

Comment

update on water....

well i've just been to Towsure and bought myself a hand pump tap to install in my little kitchen unit, plus a bit of hose. Seeing as i'm not installing a leisure battery or anything it seemed the best way forward.

They couldn't have been more helpful by the way (Southampton branch).

That should satisfy the insurers hopefully!

I have loads of blog updates to do as the van now has seating/kitchen unit and rear doors with windows......so I should get off this forum I spose and pull my finger out!

TTFN

Naomi
                      x

Comment

Originally posted by stegnome View Post
                        hey all

anyway i've started a blog about my adventure...http://citroendispatchcampervanconve...logspot.co.uk/

feel free to read, follow and comment! i'm hoping to get the conversion done in the next month or so, ready for the amazing september weather i've booked in with him upstairs ;-)

naomi
                        x
                        Hi Naomi,

Your conversion looks fab. We bought a 2001 Citroen Dispatch a few months ago. Its already converted. However there are some changes we would like to make ourselves. Like a new CD system and a table for the middle. Because we have the slide windows on both side doors, it can get a bit draughty and noisy when we are driving so I am in the middle of making insulation window mats for all windows but especially the middle windows.

The thing we would like to adapt most of all however is to convert the 2 front seats to captain seats so that we can swing the seats around to face the back seats and have a table (that unscrews from the floor). However, because its not a recognised official campervan like a VW we are having problems trying to find the swivel base or anyone who can fit 2nd hand captain seats for us. In fact, we cannot find any Citroen captain seats anyway., Preferably we would like to convert the seats we already have. Not to bothered about converting the drivers seat but would love to have the passenger seat as a captain seat.

Do you on anyone else have any ideas?

Cheers,
                        Kirsty

Comment

Keep looking because there are dispatches around with swivel seats, perhaps they have been taken from other vehicles. You may need to think outside the box.

Good luck

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by cherrymushrooms View Post
                            The thing we would like to adapt most of all however is to convert the 2 front seats to captain seats so that we can swing the seats around to face the back seats and have a table (that unscrews from the floor). However, because its not a recognised official campervan like a VW we are having problems trying to find the swivel base or anyone who can fit 2nd hand captain seats for us. In fact, we cannot find any Citroen captain seats anyway., Preferably we would like to convert the seats we already have. Not to bothered about converting the drivers seat but would love to have the passenger seat as a captain seat.

Do you on anyone else have any ideas?

Cheers,
                            Kirsty
                            There are swivel conversions out there, but they can be pricey.
                            Marcel leisure have some on their web site

http://www.marcleleisure.co.uk/store...ly-p-4577.html

Comment

Originally posted by Driver155 View Post
                              I have posted some pictures of my in van in my album as I have had a busy couple of days on the van, I have managed to insulate and carpet the plywood using bubble foil and kinspan, fit some vinyl flooring, fitted the rock and roll bed and the ply bases and made a start on the furniture.

The furniture is mainly home made with exception to the main cupboard opposite the door as this was purchased from a breakers along with the cushion set but has been modified to suit. I also purchased a rear headlining and sliding window from a taxi, the headlining made covering the roof so much easier after first insulating it.
                              hi,I am new to this forum,I can't see any of your pictures for some reason.Can anyone help?

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X