As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much did Tin Tent 2 cost to convert?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much did Tin Tent 2 cost to convert?

Cost of conversion
    In case it is of any use or interest to anyone, here are the costs of converting Tin Tent 2. These prices are from 2 years ago, and don’t cover the time, and materials for the cupboards and bed etc. It will however give some idea of what this project cost.

The Suzuki Carry Van 2005 abt 12,000m £4,500

SMEV 911 Sink + burner unit + fitting kit £221
    Windows & Sunroof £458
    False Floor Removal £334
    Alarm £80
    Alarm Installation £60
    Seating/Bed Foam (10cm thick) £88
    Reversing Sensor £46
    Lining carpet and spray glue £160
    Floor Carpet £38
    Storage Nets £36
    Hammerite White Paint £9
    Lights (assorted) £68
    Table Leg £10
    4xreading lamps £18

Totalling just over £6,100

Add to that wood, ply for the units and floor, screws, glue, cupboard handles, tap, water container, water hose, submersible pump, 240v socket, 240v RCD unit, wire, Battery Pack, material for seats and curtains, 12v multi sockets with extension wire, battery lights, cargo net, curtain railing, insulation bubble-wrap, aluminium trim, air vents, hinges, mains extension lead, shower rail, burner splash-guard, table mountings, step, carbon monoxide alarm, camping gaz cylinder + regulator, and loads more things I have forgotten I’m sure – including many hours of time!!!

Dave
    SteamyDave http://www.steamydave.co.uk/campervan
    "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Dont forget to include about 3 million quids worth of personal satisfaction in your achievement, richly deserved.well done chum,Im really envious of your ability
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Thanks Ian?

Forgot to add that I had a quote for a lifting root. At about £1,500 it was beyond my budget.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by steamydave View Post
        Thanks Ian?

Forgot to add that I had a quote for a lifting root. At about £1,500 it was beyond my budget.

Dave
        Thats what happens when you put down ROOTS it costs a packet to pull them up
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

opps!

*roof*

Dave

Comment

Thankyou very much for all that detail. I've been debating with myself all winter about whether to look at a demountable Romahome or to convert a Carry (I have very specific needs and whatever I choose will be my only vehicle).

I don't have the skills to do a conversion myself, but having an idea of costs is a real help - and I love the look of your 'Tin Tent'

Sheila

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X