As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citroen Picasso Conversion

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citroen Picasso Conversion

This Enuk conversion on the Citroen Picasso is interesting

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-Citro...86295580925143

finbar

Thats a clever conversion,stylish too! It looks bigger than the R10,maybe a good alternative.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Wow, not seen one of those before.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Difficult to see from the photos, but the extension on the back seems to blend into the body seamlessly.
        I wondered if the the suspension is beefed up to take the extra weight as it doesn't seem to be sat down at the back as you would expect.

They also have a Kia sedan conversion for sale with a pop top.

This company certainly do some innovative conversions.

finbar

Comment

It's certainly different. Undecided on looks but it seems a practical everyday car with the ability to camp in and 4 berth with 4 proper seats.
          I was wondering about the spare mass carrying capacity. 4 people and all there clobber must add up. Wonder if the fuel enconomy is what's stated on there web or just based on original citroen figures before the conversion.
          I presume that's why I've never noticed fuel figures quoted by Romahome. I suppose they would have to pay a fortune to have each model checked in the way the major motor manufacturers do.

Comment

Checks

I've just done a few free checks on this picasso.
            Carcheck say its a picasso estate no mention of motorhome. (Nothing to worry about as lots of converters including Romahome don't always change the vehicle to motorhome.
            Slightly more concerning is that it hasn't been taxed since July 2009. Checked dvla site (no. shown in pic 9 e-bay) SM05 FMZ Presumably this was when the conversion was carried out. 3 years just stood on the forecourt is a long time. I would want it checked thoroughly and the chance to give it a long drive. On the other hand they must be pretty keen to sell by now, so make them an offer.
            A habitation check or some other check to see if the conversion itself was ok might be a good idea.

Comment

Perhaps it was 'inspired' by the Toyota Prius horror, but with a pop top.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post

It has a glass habitation door!!!!
                derek b and Babs

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post

I think it is a super looking vehicle,and I hope we see more of them.

Comment

Hi,
                    has anybody a link to the above. Couldn't find it on east neuk campervans site.
                    Looks nice in white with full grp moulding.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                      I think it is a super looking vehicle,and I hope we see more of them.
                      Ick ick ick - that is ugly! And yes - a see through door? ????

Comment

There's a feature on it here: http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/desi...-bad-idea/3519

I can't see any cooker, fridge, sink, loo etc so it looks like more of a 'sleeping car' than a campervan.

Comment

Thanks for the link Karen.
                          I managed to track down the Japanese companies web site.
                          www.canp-inn-japan.com click on Relax Cabin on left
                          Looks are up to individual opinions. Just think how some people hate Romahomes or indeed caravans, motorhomes in general.
                          It's a concept design at the moment. 4 berths and seats. A sink is an option.
                          The idea is you can plug in your Prius at your campsite so the ability to travel from site to site on all electric.
                          Good to see some people are willing to try different things and come up with new idea's and designs.
                          Just need to win the Lotto and I could contact them with my options. Might need Limo black tint on the rear door for example

Comment

Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
                            Thanks for the link Karen.
                            I managed to track down the Japanese companies web site.
                            www.canp-inn-japan.com click on Relax Cabin on left
                            Looks are up to individual opinions. Just think how some people hate Romahomes or indeed caravans, motorhomes in general.
                            It's a concept design at the moment. 4 berths and seats. A sink is an option.
                            The idea is you can plug in your Prius at your campsite so the ability to travel from site to site on all electric.
                            Good to see some people are willing to try different things and come up with new idea's and designs.
                            Just need to win the Lotto and I could contact them with my options. Might need Limo black tint on the rear door for example
                            Well said Peter,The market for small campers is growing,and innovative ideas are all to the good.Its a pity some british companies cant think innovatively like the japanese.Karens link also leads to a Honda conversion.Its all good ideas,any one of which may take off.Why not an all electric or hybrid camper?
                            Clinging onto old ideas is what killed so much British Industry.

Comment

I visited Japan in 2002, It felt like the land of the new idea, we stayed mostly in Osaka and did stay mostly in a 'capsule hotel' as it was the cheapest accomodation we could find.
                              Sleeping capsules are stacked three high, I guess it's rather like sleeping in a filing cabinet (or worse Ian) ... Not for the claustrophobic, but sort of worked for us!
                              Sayonara
                              Andyvan

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X